• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have a much better handle on how trade works now, he does a great job explaining it. Ive been having a difficult time wrapping my head around this new method they have, now that I understand it much better I think its really a great improvement

Province goods have no meaning? The EU3DW expansion made some strategic resources which was nice.
The problem of that was the utter spam and lack of impact it had on the game.

Your welcome guys! Another interesting thing i thought i would share is a comment he posted on piracy in his preview #6 video. He states that pirates now only appear if trade routes are not being patrolled enough and they steal your trade. This would be a major improvement of the way piracy was shown in EU3 in my opinion.

Could you be a bit more specific?

Here it is:

Byzantine Tradition:
Adviser Cost -10%
Tolerance of the True Faith +3.00

When you gain all of the Byzantine National Ideas, you gain +2.00 Yearly Prestige.

Byzantine National Ideas:
1. Regulation of Mercenaries: -25.0% mercenary cost
2. Repopulation of the Countryside: +5.0% Production Efficiency, +10.0% National Manpower Modifier
3. State Administrative Reform: +10.0% National Tax Modifier
4. Delegated Power: -10.0% Stability Cost Modifier
5. Byzantine Merchant Class: +10.0% Global Trade Power
6. The New Imperial Army: +10.0% Discipline
7. Restore the Ecumenical Patriarch: +3.0% Missionary Strength

For those who want to see them ingame, watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEFUtXWud3o

Province goods have no meaning? The EU3DW expansion made some strategic resources which was nice.

Province goods have no meaning that I could discern for the pure trade numbers. However, there do seem to be some triggers/events based on specific goods. I'm just not sure what they are and how they work.