• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Use national focus for party loyalty - liberal.
And make sure to make slave states. Slave states = more consciousness for north states which are more liberal. Free states = more consciousness for conservatives which may even avoid the Civil War.

I don't know if it helps but Universal voting seems to expedite the rise of the Republicans in USA too.

Free states = more consciousness for conservatives which may even avoid the Civil War.

The opposite of how it works. Well, not really, its mainly unrelated. Every state admitted raises CON in all the states that are of the opposing slave policy (admitting a slave state raises CON in all free states, and vice versa). High CON slave states are more likely to get Confederate cores, and a high overall CON will make the Civil War fire as soon as it can (after Dredd Scott and John Brown).

The opposite of how it works. Well, not really, its mainly unrelated. Every state admitted raises CON in all the states that are of the opposing slave policy (admitting a slave state raises CON in all free states, and vice versa). High CON slave states are more likely to get Confederate cores, and a high overall CON will make the Civil War fire as soon as it can (after Dredd Scott and John Brown).
Wut. The Civil War is averted by keeping a high number of Conservative upper house. Every time I do this I always get 90%+ votes for Democratic Party, which is the Conservative party. Raising South awareness will raise Conservatism so high that somehow you break the game and can outlaw slavery (the reform) by 1840, if not sooner.

The reason for the CON raiser and events is so it raises CON of liberal states, as well as the conservative to make the CSA get cores, which means more liberals in the upper house which means the Civil War firing. The Civil War is based on how much liberal's CON get raised. Because as I understand it CON = how much people are interested in politics. So higher CON = they speak up more.

I mean why is it 5/5 times now when I make Texas, 3-4 of the west colonies, and Florida all Free States that I break the game? Yet every time I make the correct South states slave states I get a good Civil War?

How do you set the national focus to liberal? I don't see that option on the state selection screen.

Should be under national focuses.

ouch...

Wut. The Civil War is averted by keeping a high number of Conservative upper house. Every time I do this I always get 90%+ votes for Democratic Party, which is the Conservative party. Raising South awareness will raise Conservatism so high that somehow you break the game and can outlaw slavery (the reform) by 1840, if not sooner.

The reason for the CON raiser and events is so it raises CON of liberal states, as well as the conservative to make the CSA get cores, which means more liberals in the upper house which means the Civil War firing. The Civil War is based on how much liberal's CON get raised. Because as I understand it CON = how much people are interested in politics. So higher CON = they speak up more.

I mean why is it 5/5 times now when I make Texas, 3-4 of the west colonies, and Florida all Free States that I break the game? Yet every time I make the correct South states slave states I get a good Civil War?

You're associating votes for the Democrats in the elections with the Upper House. Two different things in-game.

You're associating votes for the Democrats in the elections with the Upper House. Two different things in-game.