• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

yonderTheGreat

Colonel
114 Badges
Dec 12, 2002
www.planetdungeonsiege.com
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Pride of Nations
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Diplomacy
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
I know that some areas give a bonus for certain types of factories. For example, a province that has forests gives a bonus to any Lumber Mills in the state.

Is there a list or a group of icons anywhere that says "These are the bonuses for this state"? I cannot seem to find anything like that anywhere and I vaguely recall, I think, something like that being there previously.

As always, thank you extremely, very, exceptionally much!

Look at ..\Victoria 2\common\production_types.txt and you can see them all there. The game, for some reason, does not display them to the user, but basically, any factory that is placed in the same region as where the resources it needs are produced, will get a throughput bonus. If a factory needs grain, then having a state with grain as an RGO on any province in that state will boost throughput of the factory. If you have a factory that requires another manufactured good (like machine parts), then having a factory producing that good in the same state as the factory you're looking to build will give it a throughput bonus too. Most of the throughput bonuses are 10% (I think?). Some advanced factories will get 15% throughput bonuses, but those are only the factories that require other manufactured goods (i.e. an automobile factory).

Just as a reminder, factory throughput isn't output, but it can influence factory output. What it does is make each individual worker produce x% amount more, so it basically makes the workers work more efficiently, while also increasing the input requirements of the factory by x%.

Input and output bonuses are critical for countries with low prestige, as they will have difficulty getting stuff on the market and thus need to get the most from the least amount of raw materials.