• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MalinS

Queen of Pie
6 Badges
Jan 7, 2013
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • For the Motherland
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
  • Paradox Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
Here's the final video dev diary for Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods! Enjoy!

[video=youtube;QngSrHke4u8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QngSrHke4u8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Damn it, this has to be posted just as the boss walks into the office...

Damn it, this has to be posted just as the boss walks into the office...

Get him to play it and become his liege. Marry his daughter and imprison him. It's for these occasion that Crusader Kings II was made!

Good to know that technology is getting new interest. It's a feature I wasn't taking in account at all in my games, and... well. One thing is not been a main feature, other is being absolutely negligible. Good for you.

One question about the new system: will be the tech "bought" this way only available in your desmene, or in the whole realm? I suppose it works improving a technology in a province of your desmene (or realm?), and spreading to neighbours, business as usual...

One question about the new system: will be the tech "bought" this way only available in your desmene, or in the whole realm? I suppose it works improving a technology in a province of your desmene (or realm?), and spreading to neighbours, business as usual...

It's only affect your capital.

Awesome! Finally i can concentrate on every screen of the game.

There's nothing in this video that we haven't already been told, is there? Since this feature has already been announced multiple times, I expected some kind of clarification rather than another announcement...

ah well. Just as well you released a real one at the same time. ^^

Last edited:
Get him to play it and become his liege. Marry his daughter and imprison him. It's for these occasion that Crusader Kings II was made!

It is for moments like this, that I love Paradox. Getting the Devs to interact with their customers as real people? Reminds me of my time playing Jumpgate.

/Has a sad now. The owning company won't get back to me on purchasing a server license for Jumpgate.

Its good to hear that they are doing something about tech. management in CK2. This area was (is) sorely lacking but I believe it still needs some work and is probably the most "undeveloped" area of the game so far...

I already paid attention to my tech mostly to increase demesne limit and army moral. This will make it more interesting and we can only hope that the learning stat will have a big impact on tech growth so playing a learning focused character will finally be worth it.

Other than this I don't think more effort should be put into the system as it is not core to the gameplay focus of CKII. Spend more time making more events :D

There's nothing in this video that we haven't already been told, is there? Since this feature has already been announced multiple times, I expected some kind of clarification rather than another announcement...

ah well. Just as well you released a real one at the same time. ^^

this was my thoughts as well. if you read the devblog this had absolutely nothing to add except I like his t-shirt.

Agreed. I was hoping for a little bit more meat to the DD.

How much time until this expansion is relased ?

It is for moments like this, that I love Paradox. Getting the Devs to interact with their customers as real people? Reminds me of my time playing Jumpgate.

/Has a sad now. The owning company won't get back to me on purchasing a server license for Jumpgate.

Haha Groogy, I somehow don't think the boss will go for it tbh! Although I managed a quick peek after they went for a coffee and I'm looking forward to this immensely!

@Summercat, yeah you rarely see it anywhere else. I love our little dark corner of the internet :cool: