+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Video Dev Diary 3: Technology

Video Dev Diary 3: Technology

Here's the final video dev diary for Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods! Enjoy!

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Damn it, this has to be posted just as the boss walks into the office...
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

~ Dr. Samuel Johnson, April 7 1775 ~

Crusader Kings IIMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Cant wait for next Tuesday
    Have I acted out the comedy well?

Pet Dane Paradox Dev Team Groogy's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Majesty 2Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by gorillacakes View Post
    Damn it, this has to be posted just as the boss walks into the office...
    Get him to play it and become his liege. Marry his daughter and imprison him. It's for these occasion that Crusader Kings II was made!

Crusader Kings II

Quote Originally Posted by Groogy View Post
    Get him to play it and become his liege. Marry his daughter and imprison him. It's for these occasion that Crusader Kings II was made!
    Or just banish him, taking all his titles!

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Good to know that technology is getting new interest. It's a feature I wasn't taking in account at all in my games, and... well. One thing is not been a main feature, other is being absolutely negligible. Good for you.

One question about the new system: will be the tech "bought" this way only available in your desmene, or in the whole realm? I suppose it works improving a technology in a province of your desmene (or realm?), and spreading to neighbours, business as usual...
    Why do you sound surprised? I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America - Liz Lemon

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by ashandresash View Post
    One question about the new system: will be the tech "bought" this way only available in your desmene, or in the whole realm? I suppose it works improving a technology in a province of your desmene (or realm?), and spreading to neighbours, business as usual...
    It's only affect your capital.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Awesome! Finally i can concentrate on every screen of the game.
    Finished AAR's': "Lion of the North"

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    StarvoidVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    Magicka: Wizard Wars IMPressive Founder

There's nothing in this video that we haven't already been told, is there? Since this feature has already been announced multiple times, I expected some kind of clarification rather than another announcement...

ah well. Just as well you released a real one at the same time. ^^
    Last edited by Killzerslaul; 22-05-2013 at 19:51.

It is for moments like this, that I love Paradox. Getting the Devs to interact with their customers as real people? Reminds me of my time playing Jumpgate.

/Has a sad now. The owning company won't get back to me on purchasing a server license for Jumpgate.

Its good to hear that they are doing something about tech. management in CK2. This area was (is) sorely lacking but I believe it still needs some work and is probably the most "undeveloped" area of the game so far...
    But then again, being blind substantially opens up ones dating pool

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I already paid attention to my tech mostly to increase demesne limit and army moral. This will make it more interesting and we can only hope that the learning stat will have a big impact on tech growth so playing a learning focused character will finally be worth it.

Other than this I don't think more effort should be put into the system as it is not core to the gameplay focus of CKII. Spend more time making more events
    Guilty of complaining in the forums how AI X or Y blobs too much and conquers everything, while playing an OPM or county and proceeding to conquer the world

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourHearts of Iron IIIIron CrossEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Killzerslaul View Post
    There's nothing in this video that we haven't already been told, is there? Since this feature has already been announced multiple times, I expected some kind of clarification rather than another announcement...

ah well. Just as well you released a real one at the same time. ^^
    this was my thoughts as well. if you read the devblog this had absolutely nothing to add except I like his t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Killzerslaul View Post
    Agreed. I was hoping for a little bit more meat to the DD.

How much time until this expansion is relased ?
    My English may be poor, but better than yours Czechs.

Searching difference between Nacism and Communism is simmilar to searching difference between Plague and Cholera.

Tuesday next week or around that week. Its pretty much done.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Summercat View Post
    It is for moments like this, that I love Paradox. Getting the Devs to interact with their customers as real people? Reminds me of my time playing Jumpgate.

/Has a sad now. The owning company won't get back to me on purchasing a server license for Jumpgate.

Haha Groogy, I somehow don't think the boss will go for it tbh! Although I managed a quick peek after they went for a coffee and I'm looking forward to this immensely!

@Summercat, yeah you rarely see it anywhere else. I love our little dark corner of the internet
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

~ Dr. Samuel Johnson, April 7 1775 ~

+ Reply to Thread