• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Coal? How much? Just what industries ask or there is something more? Because even crowded factories who require no coal have constant losses.

Factories can be complex, and there's a lot of potential reasons why you could be losing money. Key factors to look into are Output, Input, and factory budget.

If you go into your factory window and mouse over the item the factory produces, you'll get a nice little window showing you the production output/throughput. In there, some key things to check ore the efficiency values from clerks and craftsmen, as well as the maintenance goods the factory needs. A lot of factory losses can be chalked up to lacking maintenance goods. Remember the Synergy bonus from building a factory in a state that also includes the required inputs.

If you mouse over one of the required input materials, you'll see the input window. This window pretty much shows the same details as the production window, but includes the bonus you get from Capitalist, and shows you the stockpiles you have of the required goods.

You'll want to see as much green in those two windows as possible. The higher the output and throughput efficiency, the more goods you can produce, and the less input goods they require, which saves you money.

If you mouse over the factory profits, you'll see the budget window. It'll show you what the pure income of the factory is, what the costs of keeping the factory running are, and the total available budget remaining to float the factory until it's bankrupt and closes.

If you're losing money on a factory, the bottom line is your pure income (money you made from selling produce) is less than the cost of input materials and wages combined. You can't make money if nobody is buying your produce, or you can't afford the input materials to make it. Remember too, if you're the little fish in the industrial world (Low ranking nation), you'll be the last to purchase inputs. Also, the big powers are often self sufficient, so they won't always being buying your produce, meaning a lot of it will go to waste. If the problem is a lack of sales, you can always buy the goods yourself and stuff them into the stockpile. When demand is high, sell the goods later.

This seems a good spot for this tutorial again:

industrytut.jpg

I've read this aar literally 5 times now- you should be an actual author you are amazing. May I suggest using the pop demand mod in the future? The yuca tan can become a free nation and join the USCA willingly- along with a host of other things. I have played as the USCA in it, however I am not very good :/. Anyway please please please make another vicky 2 aar! Anyway, have a good day I'm gonna read this again.

Thanks nukemind! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I've never really given the pop demand mod a good try, but perhaps I'll have to give it a go in the future

Thank you very much! It's greatly appreciated, and nice to know people are still reading this too!

I just finished reading it, and I can also agree that it's one of the best AARs I've seen for Vic2! Thank you for it!

ok, I've read your AAR in my cellphone and must say It's (by far) the best one I've ever saw. Congratulation!!!

Thank you! Doubly so for struggling through reading it on a cellphone!

I just finished reading it, and I can also agree that it's one of the best AARs I've seen for Vic2! Thank you for it!

And thank you for reading it! I'm very glad you enjoyed it.

I'm only a few pages into your AAR so far, but it's by far the most interesting and narratively inspired that I've ever read. I also love the tutorial sections and the graphics you've made for everything. I've played Victoria 2 for tens of hours and have learned a great deal from your tutorial pages. No apologies for thread necromancy on this AAR. It deserves notice.

Reviving old threads, much? :D