• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

daredevilbob

Sergeant
4 Badges
Oct 12, 2006
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
An AOD 1.08 Normal/Normal Nationalist Spain GC

The Spanish Civil War (1936–) broke out with a military uprising in Morocco on July 17, triggered by events in Madrid. Within days, Spain was divided in two: a "Republican" or "Loyalist" Spain consisting of the Second Spanish Republic (within which were pockets of revolutionary anarchism and Trotskyism) and a "Nationalist" Spain under the insurgent generals, and, eventually, under the leadership of General Francisco Franco. So begins an important and turbulent chapter in the history of Spain.
Here is the division as it stands on July 17th, 1936.

30335004.png

58881961.png

Not the best split, but we'll see what happens. I got the short end of the stick when it comes to IC and divisions. My immediate priorities are the neutralization of the lone Republican divisions in Barcelona and Oviedo. I hate to destroy divisions, but I'm not messing around with containing units behind the main battle lines. Their main force is in Madrid, so I will need to surround them and hope they get greedy and split their force.

69647433.png

With the arrival of the Army of Africa in Seville, we start marching on Badajoz and Jaen. We were unable to hold Valladolid which was our main industrial province. The Germans sent armor and airpower and the Italians, not to be outdone, sent 4 divisions and airpower to aid our common ideological cause. We sent our armor though Siguenza and attacked Valladolid, retaking the province and positioning ourselves in three provinces around Madrid. We were also successful in destroying the lone divisions in Oviedo and Barcelona, thereby securing our rear and allowing us ot move additional divisions into Castelion in support of our main offensive through Madrid-Guadalajara-Valencia.

37541035.png

Within 2 weeks, the Republicans were pushed from Madrid and routed all the way to the coast, making a final stand in Murcia.

84592014.png

At 1600, August 29th, 1936 the fighting was over and Republican Spain was annexed, reuniting Spain once again.

58882821.png

Nearly 75000 men died, mostly serving on the Republican side. These losses will take time to recover from.

66568587.png

With the victory comes the reshuffling of our interim government with Franco leading the country.

92269441.png

Immediately we look to align ourselves with Germany to aid our recovery and research endeavors. If we wish to build a new Spanish empire, we will need a navy to project and protect our authority. Aircraft carriers are a new concept which show great potential and we place our hopes on this new vessel.

18255776.png

A modern military doesn't run on it' belly, it runs on oil. We take steps to acquire a supply and begin building our empire.

12709954.png

The campaign was straightforward and was completed by the middle of November.

70456638.png

By the end of 1936, our economy has mostly recovered and we are working to expand IC and upgrade our forces before any further military action is taken. The year has been momentous for our nation and hopefully is a sign of things to come.
77603168.png

Very similar annexation times so hopefully your plans will not have been upset too much. :)