• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Your airforce is huge.

But the way losses in the air are calculated seems seriously flawed. I seriously doubt the UK had lost 5000+ aircraft before Fall Gelb even began :rolleyes: (And yes, I understand the AI has no concept of a Phony War, but still, 5000 airplanes? With that rate of loss, the RAF would have been finished in a few months.)

In the allied composition we can subtract the substandard units, Benelux 37 div, 17 French mil, 5 Gar for the Germans 3 mil, 4 Gar so the numbers become::
Germany: 133-3-4 = 126
Allies: 176-37-17-5 = 114

The German L.Arm and Mots should be better than the attached L+M-Arm.

Next the forces arrayed against Italy (5 div?) needs to be subtracted from the total and France uses double the number of units at the Maginot (9 div?) that the Germans do.
So the German force has a huge advantage in the Schwerpunkt of the attack.

You have strange game style.Durning first steps of FALL GELB Plan,i had 6X more divisons than France+benelux (i dont talk about mobility of my army) So its looked like blitzkrieg USSR against France

I think die grosse Luftwaffe will make a huge difference in this war!

Your airforce is huge.
But the way losses in the air are calculated seems seriously flawed. I seriously doubt the UK had lost 5000+ aircraft before Fall Gelb even began :rolleyes: (And yes, I understand the AI has no concept of a Phony War, but still, 5000 airplanes? With that rate of loss, the RAF would have been finished in a few months.)
The Allies should not send their planes over Germany before starting a real campaign. Either a land campaign or a strategic bombing campaign. Now, and I agree that it is probably not intended like that even if it works well, we can add the damaged airplanes to the casualties, before that they are fixed. And in that case, it makes more sense. After 5 weeks of campaign in France, the Luftwaffe had almost 25% of casualties. When one looks at the casualties on the Eastern front, it is almost never said but the casualties for the tanks include the disabled tanks which can nevertheless be salvaged, the captured ones and the ones totally disabled. And the amount of tanks built include the ones which have been salvaged. So, it is possiblle for a tank to be counted as 'killed' and 'built' several times under the correct circumstances.

In the allied composition we can subtract the substandard units, Benelux 37 div, 17 French mil, 5 Gar for the Germans 3 mil, 4 Gar so the numbers become::
Germany: 133-3-4 = 126
Allies: 176-37-17-5 = 114

The German L.Arm and Mots should be better than the attached L+M-Arm.

Next the forces arrayed against Italy (5 div?) needs to be subtracted from the total and France uses double the number of units at the Maginot (9 div?) that the Germans do.
So the German force has a huge advantage in the Schwerpunkt of the attack.
I have removed the troops stationed along the Italian border. What I have provided is truly for the North-Eastern front. I disagree more or less with your reasoning, but I can't quantify how much I disagree :) GARs have the merit to fix units which could be useful elsewhere. The Allies have lots of ARTs attached to their MIL, so they are almost as lethal as a regular INF. The Allies also have 13 brigades of medium tanks and they are not weak. But I absolutely agree with your last comment...and that reflects what happened IRL, a better use (doctrine) of the available resources.

You have strange game style.Durning first steps of FALL GELB Plan,i had 6X more divisons than France+benelux (i dont talk about mobility of my army) So its looked like blitzkrieg USSR against France
You can talk about a strange game style :rofl: To have only twice as many units as France+Benelux, I would have to produce at least 220 more INFs, hence 2860mp. Supposing that I have the ICs, it also means that I would be short of more than 2000 mp. I would have had to enact general mobilization a long time before the war. I sincerely doubt that the Allies would have allowed Germany to mobilize like that without reacting before it was too late. If you don't take into account the French troops along the Maginot line in your ratio, Germany could have 6x more units along the border with Benelux, but the mp issue would remain.
Now, if you compare the OOBs in-game with the the OOB IRL, I don't think that my style is so strange, since it is (not purposefully I have to admit) quite close to the historical one.

Go for it!
I will crush them!!

Since the invasion was supposed to start today, before that the comparative OOB had been decided, there will be another update in few hours.

Last edited:
You really take your time for these updates...
That is because I am scared of not being up to the task... :blush:

ZIlwV2r.jpg

Last edited:
Sometimes I understand why Torres gave all those bonuses to the AI, it´s almost Homer Simpson...

Quite surprised by that BEF. 2 HQs, destroying those will help the macaronis a lot, I guess.

The Breakthrough to Bruxelles.
I understood :p, but this won't be THE breakthrough. I will follow the Manstein Plan, and making havoc in Belgium will lure the French to rush to her defense. (I have trouble in English with that. Is it her or its defense?)

Longtime lurker in this thread, but I just wanted to say excellent work! I really like your great attention to detail, and very impressive planning! The Battle of France is going to be very interesting to see, since they are a VERY big challenge in DH, though I cannot speak to whether or not they are any harder in WIF. Keep up the good work!

Longtime lurker in this thread, but I just wanted to say excellent work! I really like your great attention to detail, and very impressive planning! The Battle of France is going to be very interesting to see, since they are a VERY big challenge in DH, though I cannot speak to whether or not they are any harder in WIF. Keep up the good work!

Thank you! France in by essence a tougher nut to crack in WiF2, since 'normal' in WiF2 is 'difficult' in DH, hence less IC, less units, combat malus...

Tomorrow, I will open the bets.

Oh yes, they are going to send all his INF to Brussels and your spunkt will charge towards Paris as some angry Valkyrias. They will realize too late of the trick!
Yes, Sir!
It reminds me a GPO (HOI2: Doomsday) where I played Germany, and I always said exactly what was my timeline (Alliance with Poland in March 39, Schlieffen 39 in March -Paris taken in 4.5 days-, UK in early May) ... and the Allied never wanted to believe me. It was kind of funny, it was like writing Mein Kampf with nobody wanting to believe it.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Since we're dealing with a sketchy AI, I'm saying 30 days.