• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((So how was my suicide attack worked out? It seems I only got 1 roll, shouldn't I have gotten 2 with my base bonus? Just wondering what went on.))

((yes you should have, sorry about that, I rolled another die for you and it came up 1. Snake eyes, rotten luck but don't worry there will be plenty of opportunities coming up to mess with the USG))

m6avenger.jpg

"That's it ladies, keep the fire on these scum! Captain Stallord, move your squad into that breach, don't let our wounded get slaughtered. Looks like FOX Team is moving in to assist, make room FOX Guardians! The Legion isn't done dying yet, they're coming back for another round. Concentrate your fire and cover the man next to you, we're the Guardians of Elysium after all, and it's time we sent the Deathshed to hell."

th

General Scythe, Deathshead Legion Commander​

"This is General Riven Scythe, of the Deathshead Legion. I have claimed all rescue operations for the station. All mercenary companies will stand down, or face the consequences. This is your first and final warning. Those failing to comply will face the wrath of the Legion.

Scythe Out."

(all contracts on job board will face a combat & casualty roll before their mission begins. If successful bidders fail combat roll, your bid will be forfeit. Hazard Op not included.))

Last edited:
O o c : the legion is fighting to get the contracts to rescue people from itself? Wouldn't the USG be declaring the whole operation outlaws, as they are currently attacking their HQ?

O o c : the legion is fighting to get the contracts to rescue people from itself? Wouldn't the USG be declaring the whole operation outlaws, as they are currently attacking their HQ?

((The rescue ops are against pirates and marines. Remember that the Legion is a mercenary company as well, and they perform missions for credits - which means it is not so much as Deathshead Legion attacking the HQ, but rather the ones paying them to attack the HQ that are responsible. We will have to wait until the aftermath of Moscow to see if they face any consequences from the USG, but being as powerful as the legion is, I would doubt it.))

"Well if he wants to take a few dozen of these sunsabitches away to do those jobs, I guess I'll just have to deal with that."

images

Jaimie Flemming

+ 1 Economy

Intelligent, beautiful, and above all, ambitious. The daughter of a wealthy generium lobbyist, Jaimie's father has countless connections within the USG Parliament and the Senate. Where most people in her position would elect to live a life of ease and comfort, Jaimie is not most people. Instead, Jaime resolved to make it on her own. She changed her last name and landed a job with GNN. Though she is only a consultant reporter, her brush with death during the Moscow Crisis has fueled her resolve to make it big.

Jaimie's father promised a reward for anybody who rescued her, and following a bloody battle by rival private army outfits, Jayne Cobb and the Livin Legends emerged victorious. To show her appreciation, and collect source material in order to advance in her career, Jaimie Flemming has teamed up with the Legends.

((plot to lure Jaimie Flemming from the Legends is now open...))

Last edited:
jalelreportertcthnap2.png

Welcome to the Galactic News. I'm Jalel Wendin, and here is what is happening in your universe, tonight.

It is a time of quiet reflection as all combat operations on Moscow Station in the Alpha Centauri Star System come to a close with a death toll of a staggering 4500. The USG Senate has lifted the No Fly status on Moscow and the USG Engineer Corps are en route to begin rebuild operations.

spacewarship.jpg

Engineer Corps en route to Prosperous District

Now citizens of Earth and her Colonies are demanding to know who is responsible for this heinous act. The Senatorial Defense Committee have unanimously agreed that Aaron Hughs, leader of the Colonial Separatists carried out this crime and plans more terrorists attacks in the near future. In response, The Emperor, in his grace and wisdom, has demanded the Colonial Governments of the Redstar Star System, bring Hughs forward to face these allegations or face the consequence of invasion. The Governors of Esteuchon and Reznar Prime have both denied allegations of harboring the terrorist Hughs and have professed shock and sadness for the victims of the Moscow attack. Despite this however, the Defense Committee claims to have evidence of collaboration with Hughs and the Separatists.

In a debrief by the Defense Committee earlier today, Senator-Admiral Constantine praised the actions of Commander Vlas Schleckivich. Schleckivich successfully defended USG Moscow Headquarters from terrorist attack and recaptured a marine battleship which had fallen to terrorist hands. For his bravery and performance, Commander Vlas Top Dog Schleckivich was transferred to the Marine Corps, promoted to the rank of Captain and given command of the Destroyer, HRMS The Truth and Justice . The newly appointed Captain was also awarded free psych evaluations after making odd accusations that Deathshead Legion carried out an attack on Moscow. The comments were later attributed to post traumatic stress. Get well soon, Captain!

General Scythe of Deathshead Legion was lauded for his humanitarianism after he conducted search and rescue operations within Moscow, saving the lives of thousands.

Warden Smythe of the USG Marine Corps was awarded a posthumous Cross of Valour for his bravery and ultimate sacrifice he made in defeating the terrorists.

Lieutenant Oslo, previously of the USG Marine Corps has been found to be a traitor working with the Separatists, and is now one of the most wanted men in the Colonies. Also wanted by authorities is the pirate band known as The Black Harts, for interfering with rescue operations.

It has indeed been a trying week for all of humanity but, I for one, can speak with confidence that tragedies like these have the potential to bring out the best in mankind. One need only look to the heroes of Moscow to see that the USG will always prevail.

Speaking of heroes, we now bring you this special report from GNN's own Jaime Flemming...

((Well thats it for the Moscow Crisis, Folks! Some of you, quite literally, made out like bandits during the event, others didn't fare quite as well, but don't worry. The war is just getting started and there will be lots of credits to be made. So what does a mercenary do before a war? I imagine he goes on some serious R&R like it may be his last. I'd love to hear about it in an IC, as well as any reflections you may have of the Moscow Crisis))

Last edited:
ENCRYPTED MESSAGE

It is done. I have your data, now I demand payment. The frontal assault worked like a charm... The USG Sec were too busy to detect the infiltration team. Fools.

I don't care what you do with the data, but in light of our recent discussion, I am accepting a contract with the USG. It didn't have to be this way, but you left me with little choice.
I shall see you soon.

~ Scythe

(( Please name the stealth NPC for Rebel Science "Captain Fwiffo"

[video=youtube;I8frxC8ERuQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8frxC8ERuQ[/video]

))

"Looks like you lost your shadow." Katie was suprisingly perky. Not long ago he would have expected to see her fallen to pieces. Seventeen men dead. Granted, not a lot when you think about how bad things were around here. Maybe she was getting used to dead strangers. That idea was downright unsettling.

"She's workin'." The reporter had been right on top of him, staring at him with that damned camera eye through the whole fight. She'd let her little hovering sidekick stick its head out to get the shots of the action. It'd been suprisingly helpfull. When the shooting and the shouting and the dieing stopped, she'd rushed off with some big shots from the network, while he endured drinks with the USG brass.

They had good stuff, and didn't mind sharing, but he couldn't bring himself to like them. Too damned pleased with themselves. They'd gotten their station blown to bits, half of it by one of their own. But to hear them talk things couldn't have been better.

He'd staggered on back to the Mudder's Milk with the last two fighting Legends left. Gordon and Neven were two of the ones they'd sprung from the slavers before breakfast, but now it seems like they'd been working together for years. No way to get to know a man better than be pinned down by tank fire, it seems.

He'd rolled into his bunk, and he couldn't have closed his eyes for more than a few minutes before he was roused by thumping and crashing in the common room. He bolted up, pistol drawn.

He found Jaimie Fleming, disheveled, leaning heavily on the table. She was blinking slowly, staring numbly at a bottle of 'milk she'd knocked over. She looked up at Jayne dumbly for a second before she lit up with recognition.

"'ister Cobb! Cap'n Cobb, I mean. So glad is you. Last three ships were very rude." She shot him a conspiratorial smile, and raised her hand to point to him. But in doing so she lost her balance and tumbled to the floor.

Jayne holstered his gun, cursing slightly as he hauled her back onto her feet. She leaned heavily on him. To his suprise, she didn't reek of whiskey. Smoke and the unmistakably scent of plasma rounds, but not liquor.

"'im not drunk. Jus the one drink. Didn't want to be rude. Turns out, if you don't sleep for a few days, then take four doses of stims, you really shouldn't go into a war. The 'drenlin amps everything up for a while. Then you crash pretty hard." She was leaning hard on him now, and Jayne was the only thing keeping her slightly upright. He was drag-walking her to an empty bunk when she perked up again.

"Gu. Good news. There's a bunch of stuff they siezed. Few ships even. Going to be an auction, in, uh, what time is it? Well at 13:00 station time. Unless I passed out before. Then it mighta been yesterday. But if it wasn't, you should really go. An' I met a lot of s'vivors, and some of them were maaaaaaad. An' I was thinking, 'I bet a lot of these guys'd like Jayne.' Heh. Jayne. Jayne is a girl's name." She patted the side of his face. "I'm gonna go to bed. But remember the auction. Unless it already happened. Then forget." She tried to walk away to her cot, but flopped sidewise after half a step. "im okay. " Jayne dragged her up again and carried her the rest of the way.

It was a few days before any of the Legends saw more than a glimpse of her on the way to the head, or grabbing a gallon jug of water, before dragging herself back into a bunk. When she felt ready for solid food, she emerged to find the Mudder's Milk quiet. Worse, the cupboards were bare. The airlock indicator showed that she was docked, so she ventured outside.

She found a very different scene than she was expected. The Mudder wasn't berthed at Moscow any more. Instead she seemed to be in the hanger of a larger ship. A crew of unfamiliar men were moving crates off a worn out freight shuttle. Jaimie spotted Katie directing them. The engineer waved excitedly.

"Hi! Feeling better? The Cap'n said to send you on up to the bridge if you showed up. It's right through there." She gestured vaguely toward a set of massive blast doors.

Jaimie worked her way through the unfamiliar ship. It was clearly worn out and dirty. There were obvious signs of recent repairs, and still there were exposed wires and pipes. The ship was huge compared to the Mudder. But old, probably a leftover from the last war, and one that'd scene hard use in the meantime. Thankfully the way to the bridge was marked. She found Jayne moving his lips as he read a datasheet, while workmen rewired the instrument panels. He puffed himself up when he saw her.

"What you think? She's something. You believe there weren't any other bidders? Government caught her hunting evac shuttles. 200 cred and she's mine, another 300 and she actually flies. The Radiant Cobb"

"Radiant?"

"My mother's name. My very own frigate. War's on, so I got me a genuine warship."

Eaw_ass_frig_mk2.jpg

Radiant Cobb, the Legends' new home.

Last edited:
OOC: Yeah, go ahead and try and take Summer Glau from me. That'll end well.

OOC: You do so well ICing with her, I for one wouldn't even think of taking her from you.

Edit: Will try to get an IC up tomorrow about some of the battles since Harcort got freed and some R&R, Gangnam Guardian style :cool:

Last edited:
Join The USG Colonial Marines
eC9cM.jpg

Make a difference!

See the galaxy as you have never seen it before. Become part of a proud tradition of soldiers who have fought for peace and freedom throughout the colonies for centuries.

When you sign up for the Marine Corps you become a member of a force for good, fighting for peace and order. Join the marines and take control of your life.

Beat Conscription. Volunteer and qualify for exciting incentive opportunities. See a recruiter station near you!

((I'll probably IC tomorrow, weekend is kinda busy. I hope we have time for that :unsure: ))

Alpha Centauri Recon Report

Commander, as per your request, I have compiled intel on the fleet massing in Zucrin orbit. Seems to be an assortment of marines pulled from the Helix campaign and conscripts from Earth. Some large mercenary outfits have joined them too, and intel suggests that Deathshead Legion may be en route to link up with their forces. We have also scanned an increase in activity in Redstar, however we have not been able to pin point any fleets as of yet.

Code:
HRMS [I]The Repentance[/I] Destroyer
.... 2 fighters
.... 30 Alpha Squad
.... 30 Beta Squad
.... 30 Charlie Squad
.... 30 Delta Squad

HRMS [I]The Truth and Justice[/I] Destroyer
.... Captain Top Dog Schekivich
.... 2 Fighters
.... 30 Alpha Squad
.... 30 Beta Squad