• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Regina

Lt. General
5 Badges
Jan 29, 2008
www.paradoxdevelopmentstudio.com
  • Majesty 2
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
“Sometimes, awesome things just get more awesome. Such is the case with the Game of Thrones mod for Crusader Kings II, which has just posted a dev diary detailing a long-awaited addition. The expansive continent of Essos is under development for a future release, more than doubling the landmass available and introducing such locations from the acclaimed franchise such as Slaver’s Bay and the Free Cities. Set sail for the sunrise and start brushing up on your Pentoshi—we’ve got more details below.”
http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/05/14/c...thrones-mod-adding-massive-eastern-continent/

Cheers,
regina
http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/05/14/c...thrones-mod-adding-massive-eastern-continent/

The long awaited day has finally come..

To the team behind the GoT mod for CK2: Thank you. I don't think I've ever enjoyed a custom mod for a game this much. And thank you to Paradox first of all for making it possible through CK2 but also thank you for supporting their quest as lively as you have!

I can't wait for conquering the west with the Old Gods expansion and to (re)conquer Essos! Goodbye spare time!

How awesome is it that the Game of Thrones mod is big enough that a Paradox employee felt the need to post on the official forum a link to the PCGamer article about the mod?

Ugh, the Game of Thrones continents are so unrealistic and stupid looking it's almost offensive to play a mapgame on them. A mostly vertically orientated rectangle and a mostly horizontally orientated rectangle with a few bits carved off and a few capes and things added around the edges. It's like a kindergartner's first fantasy cartography project

The shape might be kinda boring but keep in mind that Cabezaestufa is (in my opinion) the finest Map modder for Crusader Kings 2. The terrain and height maps are gonna be first class, I am sure.

Oh, the team making the mod is excellent. But GRRM... obviously has little to no understanding of geography.

Oh, the team making the mod is excellent. But GRRM... obviously has little to no understanding of geography.

And of linguistics for that matter. But he is an awesome story-teller and that's what matters most.
Still, it is kinda weird that all those northerners talk exactly the same language as the Reachmen and the Rhoynar of Dorne.

And of linguistics for that matter. But he is an awesome story-teller and that's what matters most.
Still, it is kinda weird that all those northerners talk exactly the same language as the Reachmen and the Rhoynar of Dorne.

Yes, his storytelling is great, so he gets the benefit of being able to hand wave it with "a wizard did it".

Ugh, the Game of Thrones continents are so unrealistic and stupid looking it's almost offensive to play a mapgame on them. A mostly vertically orientated rectangle and a mostly horizontally orientated rectangle with a few bits carved off and a few capes and things added around the edges. It's like a kindergartner's first fantasy cartography project

I hear your pains.

One of the annoying tropes in Fantasy in general. Just like the insane long collective memory/ time lines.

Yeah, I have to say that I'm not interested in it just because the map looks horrible.

I don't know what you find horrible about it, It looks like the most beautiful map ever made for CK2 and Westeros has more then 2 choke-points (unlike vanilla CK2) which offers a couple of war-tactics :D