• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Great, I´ll be following this ...

Interesting to see CORE already has several events for 1936 alone, I'll be following this. Good luck.

Interesting to see CORE already has several events for 1936 alone, I'll be following this. Good luck.

Thanks! I've not put every single event in; it would be a bit boring to cover every single ship commissioning event, and I'm going to cover events to do with the Spanish Civil War separately. I've also not put the random ones in, or every event related to recovery from the Great Depression.

Just to keep you all informed on micro-progress: Hagar has produced an event pic that really shows Edward VIII instead of the generic picture in 0.61. So this is a side effect of well-enhanced AARs: we modders see things we do not usually see and can fix them.

Just to keep you all informed on micro-progress: Hagar has produced an event pic that really shows Edward VIII instead of the generic picture in 0.61. So this is a side effect of well-enhanced AARs: we modders see things we do not usually see and can fix them.

Thanks; I'm glad it's contributed in some small way already!

Well it isn't actually showing Edward VIII in the flesh. ;) But it is directly linked to his abdication. But indeed, these AARs can be truly enlightening at times. Hister's AAR also had some nice little spin-off in terms of graphics alone.

Which proves that I have just stored Hagar´s nice pic and not yet looked at it, because I´ll be trying to make a colour graphics pack for 0.61 first and then take Edward VIII as the first step to 0.62 ...

I am happy to see a more balanced submarine war, avoiding that one side slaughters the other early on. We may need to look into the issue of naval bombing ...

The GER CORE naval AI is set to be somewhat conservative until the capture of France.

I am happy to see a more balanced submarine war, avoiding that one side slaughters the other early on. We may need to look into the issue of naval bombing ...

I think naval bombing in CORE is pretty good. With Pbombers more for patrolling/spotting than bombing and naval-bombing brigades for L and M bombers as well as AA brigades for ships. A huge step forward from AOD where ships just wouldn't damage planes and planes completely devastate ships.

I think naval bombing in CORE is pretty good. With Pbombers more for patrolling/spotting than bombing and naval-bombing brigades for L and M bombers as well as AA brigades for ships. A huge step forward from AOD where ships just wouldn't damage planes and planes completely devastate ships.

I think it's improved over vanilla when naval bombers and fleets actually make contact. The problem is that the different sides don't have enough of them. In previous games, I've just been able to park the Home Fleet in the Kattegad, which a) prevents the invasion of Norway as the transports can't get through and b) forces the Kreigsmarine never to leave port, as the AI seems to scared to face me. In reality, the Royal Navy would now be residing on the bottom of the sea somewhere between Norway and Denmark if they'd tried that. I don't think I even saw a naval bomber operated by Germany. In this game, Germany seems to be operating a group of four wings of naval bombers (some kind of Donier job, can't remember which), and I've had contact with those.