[The Resistance] Statistics and General Discussion Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm hosting the next game, and it's going to be invite only.

Till we figure out how to deal with resistance members like Arkasas in 38 or Rovsea in 37 who basically sell the game to the spies.

Ah, good to know you think I'm resistance.

In any case, my advice would be to play faster.

I *think* you're resistance, eh?

I don't see what playing faster has to do with it. Do you mean the game's pace is too slow for you to remain interested?

Yes. Yes.

What? Why?

To offend you personally. :)

Or because I'm trying to discipline myself and not play until I get my writing done. If I were to play, I could spend maybe 30 minutes a day actually paying attention, and that wouldn't be fair to the rest of you. (That or I'd spend more time on games and not get anything done.)

To offend you personally. :)

Or because I'm trying to discipline myself and not play until I get my writing done. If I were to play, I could spend maybe 30 minutes a day actually paying attention, and that wouldn't be fair to the rest of you. (That or I'd spend more time on games and not get anything done.)

I am personally offended!

Oh well, it's just that we're gonna have enough of a player shortage as is. But we'll manage, I guess.

Seven spy victories in a row... can they be stopped?

Anyone interested in GMing the fortieth game?

Well six of those victories had me as a spy, and the other was an avalon game. So obviously to break the streak I need to be a resistance member in a regular game. Narcissism aside, I would like to be resistance next game whoever GMs it, because I think I'm going to forget how to be resistance at this rate, if I haven't already.

Random question aedan, but have you ever considered GMing a game yourself? It's not difficult and you must know the rules inside out.

Seven spy victories in a row... can they be stopped?

Anyone interested in GMing the fortieth game?

I'd start a game in the next few days if no one else will.

Is plain old Resistance still played?

Random question aedan, but have you ever considered GMing a game yourself? It's not difficult and you must know the rules inside out.

True enough, but I don't really want to, partially because I much prefer playing to GMing and partially because I don't want to break my streak of playing every game.

I'd start a game in the next few days if no one else will.

Is plain old Resistance still played?

It'll be nice to have you back. And yes, rules haven't changed at all.

More importantly, he needs to start hosting *a lot* more if I am to ever beat him in number of wins.

He's going to need to win a hell of a lot more if he's ever going to beat you in win percentage.

True enough, but I don't really want to, partially because I much prefer playing to GMing and partially because I don't want to break my streak of playing every game.

To each their own.

Last edited:
He's going to need to win a hell of a lot more if he's ever going to beat you in win percentage.

True, I guess!

The issue with win percentage is that it's a fragile thing. You constantly risk losing it whereas a win is a win no matter how bad you do afterwards. I guess that is part of what makes me always more involved in the Resistance than I ever was in Werewolf, though.