[The Resistance] Statistics and General Discussion Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We could try fewer cards, as madchemist suggests:

Oh, if I could make a suggestion, could we not have plot cards in 5 or 6 player games? I think the game is pretty well balanced without them until you get to more than 2 spies. With them, a single unlucky card can make it pretty much impossible for the spies to win.

Players5678910
Plot Cards drawn112233

How does this look, as an experiment?:

Players5678910
Plot Cards drawn001223

I personally don't really see how an online version of the game would work without plot cards... Team proposals alone simply don't provide enough information to work with...

It worked the time before last. There was only one type of card (a single-use double vote) and everyone received it. Not all of them were actually used, though.

It worked the time before last. There was only one type of card (a single-use double vote) and everyone received it. Not all of them were actually used, though.

Was there some decent analysis, though? I guess I gotta go read it...

Also, I was thinking about using RP Traits again. I know, they're bad when used too frequently, but it's been around 6 games since last time we used them so...

And we'd've won, too, if it weren't for Falc and his meddling approval!

It worked quite well, but for bigger games we'd need plot cards. The resistance probably couldn't win a 9-player cardless game.

Also, I was thinking about using RP Traits again. I know, they're bad when used too frequently, but it's been around 6 games since last time we used them so...

Analysis is hard to assess as good or bad. It lent itself to some analysis, but there's always something to analyze if want to do so. It's always contingent on certain facts, like if a resistance member makes an error in judgement and analysis would tend to indicate that he's a Spy although he's not.

And we'd've won, too, if it weren't for Falc and his meddling approval!

It worked quite well, but for bigger games we'd need plot cards. The resistance probably couldn't win a 9-player cardless game.

I think it might have been a Resistance victory if players had been less reluctant to use their double-vote. It seemed like people were more inclined to sit on it in the event that it was more pressing in a later situation.

We could try fewer cards, as madchemist suggests:

Players5678910
Plot Cards drawn112233

How does this look, as an experiment?:

Players5678910
Plot Cards drawn001223

Very well, I think I'll try this then, with a single-use double vote card rather than 0 for 5 or 6 players.

The game'll be up tomorrow. Any opinion about the RP traits?

Maybe a bit silly, but could be fun, I suppose. I'd be game to try it.

Yeah, they're not to be taken seriously. Though I was just re-reading that game and page 2 had me laughing out loud. Let's just hope I've got the role descriptions on my laptop still...

That might have been my favorite game of Resistance.

:)

I think it might have been a Resistance victory if players had been less reluctant to use their double-vote. It seemed like people were more inclined to sit on it in the event that it was more pressing in a later situation.

Yes, I agree. Although the player who used his early, Citizen, sort of wasted it.

Very well, I think I'll try this then, with a single-use double vote card rather than 0 for 5 or 6 players.

Sounds good.

The game'll be up tomorrow. Any opinion about the RP traits?

Games 1 and 21 are the only ones I haven't participated in. I'd certainly be up for having a go.

Just a note: don't keep signups open too long. We don't need a Werewolf-length period before the game gets going; last game was pretty quiet, so don't expect ten if you wait.

That might have been my favorite game of Resistance.

You're making me even more keen on it now.

Alphabet Soup! Your presence is required!

Some of the players who played in Resistance 23 don't feel they deserved the win awarded. Would you allow it to be amended to neither a win nor a loss for those involved?

Alphabet Soup! Your presence is required!

Some of the players who played in Resistance 23 don't feel they deserved the win awarded. Would you allow it to be amended to neither a win nor a loss for those involved?

Well, how about nobody wins or loses, not affecting stats, except for Dr. Livingstone, who gets the loss. In short, nobody won or lost 23, except for the Doctor, who gets a loss.