[The Resistance] Statistics and General Discussion Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Actually, what I was driving at was making it the rule that voting is done only by PM. Not sure if both talking about the same thing.
But apparently some players disliked this idea, can't see any reason why tbh.

One of the arguments I tend to make is that I would prefer to stay as close as possible to the tabletop game. There, you vote by secretly selecting a Yes or a No token, and they're all revealed simultaneously.

So in forum terms, yes, this would mean everyone should vote in PM.

However, you're allowed to say whatever you want about your vote. You can say out loud that you'll Approve, but actually cast a Reject vote.

The current way of playing is the best way we have of representing the fact that you can say what you want in public, and you can vote however you want in private, without one having to affect the other.

Tamius, I am listed as having lost game 27, when in fact I won it.

Edit: Actually, you just haven't updated it yet. But it is a bit confusing the way you list us as having played in game 27 regardless. In future, I just wouldn't add that in until the game is complete.

Last edited:
Apparently there's a variant with a Merlin (one goodie who knows all the roles). Could be fun.

We've played it a few times. I've been Merlin both times I've been involved. It's fun to know everything, but frustrating when nobody listens to you. Still a good game.

I doubt I'll even play, but can we at least have a new game up so the spam in the current one dries up?

So, is anyone gonna host the next one or will I have to step up again?

(I'm working on the Werewolf game btw, just trying to decide on the theme)

Making you GM multiple games at once (as well as two Resistance games in a row) would be cruel.

I think Cliges said something about maybe being able to do it, but if need be I can put another one together by tomorrow.

Ok, new game by early afternoon tomorrow, my time.

Rule suggestions, comments, questions, concerns?

The usual one about the cards, especially No Confidence.

And the usual observation that for some reason, the game always loses all momentum at some point.

Setting, you could do the obvious that hasn't been done yet: Star Wars

The usual one about the cards, especially No Confidence.

And the usual observation that for some reason, the game always loses all momentum at some point.

I wonder if there's a way to keep the momentum going through the end. Maybe having the number of max. proposals vary on different missions? But I'm not going to introduce any major innovations.

I don't know much about Star Wars except that the only one I really cared for was the first Episode that everyone seems to hate.

There's actually a fair amount of paranoia and deception in that movie series if you ignore the fact that the movies that have that are fairly horrible :p
Star Trek probably hasn't been done yet either. Or at least, not that I recall :p

I don't know much about Star Wars except that the only one I really cared for was the first Episode that everyone seems to hate.

The problem with the first three movies is simply that they did not live up to the legend.
Besides, they could have been about a million times better if the characters involved hadn't been cardboard cutouts. Especially the two jedi. They should have made at least one of them have some serious character flaws, at the very least. It would have been much more amusing if, say, qui-gon had a terrible drinking problem or something along those lines.

Last edited:
I've seen Episodes 1 and 3 of Star Wars, so I can't claim to be an expert on the series.

I was also a lot younger when I saw them. Heck, I have Episode one on VHS somewhere.

Alxeu, you're confused. Episodes 4-6 are the three movies with Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader and the Millenium Falcon.

Episodes 1-3 are the ones that came out more recently, with Nathalie Portmann and Jar-Jar. VHS was dead and buried by then.

Alxeu, you're confused. Episodes 4-6 are the three movies with Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader and the Millenium Falcon.

Episodes 1-3 are the ones that came out more recently, with Nathalie Portmann and Jar-Jar. VHS was dead and buried by then.

This is getting off-track, but I can remember newly released stuff put out on VHS being sold a late as early 2002. I went looking for something or other, and the local stores only had it on VHS. When I moved out of home (2004 sometime), I recollect electronics stores selling combination DVD/VHS players, so someone must have been still using the format.

So, should we do an Avalon game this time around? Or Resistance with Plot Cards like the last few?

I'm getting the impression that Avalon is a better rule set for real life gaming, there's a lot more ways you can try to communicate with others. But for a forum, it might not be the best fit...