• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(90027)

Major
8 Badges
Dec 30, 2007
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Heir to the Throne
  • The Showdown Effect
Berlin, 1. January 1936.

Hitler was walking towards his office in the early hours of the new year's day morning. He was in a good mood, and why not. The German nation under his leadership had risen from the ashes and disgrace of the first world war, the army was quickly modernizing itself and the German scientifical research teams were full of the best minds in the entire world.

Only one thing was bothering him. He had risen to power largely due to his hate speeches and xenophobic policies, but that was about to change.
Originally, he had intended to build a very large state-of-the-art war machine to wage a short but brutal war against the western european powers while dividing up poland with the Soviets.
He had come to realize however, that the conflict with Britain could very easily disintegrate into a bloody stalemate yet again, due to the very large British navy and air force, not to mention having the danger of USA joining in the side of the Allies.
His other plan was to get more living space from Russia at the expense of the local population, but he was becoming more and more convinced that any such plan would lead his troops marching knee-deep in blood, their own.

So Hitler decided that he would instead build Germany into a massive industrial powerhouse with a large navy and air force, and a very strong modern land army to guard the borders from jealous world powers and militant ideologies such as the spreading disease of communism.
The most danger would likely come from the French as their relations had suffered due to the Germans completely ignoring the Great War peace treaty with the re-occupation of Rheinland and re-armament of german armies.

Hitler also realized that he could not completely back down from his policies, as that would make him look weak and confused. Instead he decided to build a grand defensive force, capable of fighting anyone and everyone within europe who would try to attack Germany and try to beat her down once again.

Lets take a look at the research and production of Germany.

First it was time to enlarge the Luftwaffe with new aircraft.
To achieve this,
41 int. fighter squadrons
5 new Stuka I groups
and 4 new tac. bomber groups were ordered.

The navy was also getting 7 new transport flotillas.

The national research was as follows:

C.G. Haenel - bas. inf. div.
Mauser Werke - bas mot. div.
Porsche - bas. hvy. tank
Heinz Guderian - Blitzkrieg doc.
Messerschmitt - bas. int. fighter
Kriegsmarinewerft - sup. hvy. battleship
I.G. Farben - bas. mach. tools
Degussa - Agrichemistry

The navy was re-organized as two new groups based in Königsberg.

Baltische Schlachtschwadron (my tongue hurts) commanded by Vice Admiral Böhm
Consisting of the old battleships
Schleswig-Holstein
Schlesien
and Hannover

The heavy cruisers
Deutschland
Admiral Scheer
and Admiral Graf Spee

And the light cruisers
Karlsruhe
Königsberg
and Köln

The Transpoterflotte commanded by Rear Admiral Carls
Consisting of the cruisers
Leipzig
and Nürnberg
and three torpedo boat/destroyer flotillas

The army would be re-arranged into five military districts, with 18 divisions guarding the French - German border in the Red zone, and the rest spread around the most vital beaches and industrial zones throughout the five military districts, with each having its own semi-independent headquarters. (See map below)

w22b8.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------​

So i already wrote this goddamn story once, and it got lost due to the idiot image posting system taking me to an empty page.

Ok some rules for this one:
I cant start wars, i can however fight wars started by others, but not through the lands of neutral countries, so no blitzkrieg through the low countries. Should be interesting.

I will also occasionally force through certain things with the aid of console commands to support the storyline. Hopefully not too much, but i'll be using the reveal map for great convenience and because i like to generally see what happens elsewhere in the world while im not doing much.

Berlin, 1. April 1937.

Hitler was concentrating on reports from the national research teams outlining some new technologies and improved factory and construction machinery that had become available to the Reich due to the dilligent and hard working scientists and engineers.
He was also pleased when reading a letter from a young nuclear physicist named Werner Heisenberg who had already for some time theorized along with several other physicists that the nuclei of certain heavy atoms could be harnessed to provide relatively cheap safe energy in large quantities. He immediately wrote back to him a letter promicing full funding and support to the project. Heisenberg would also come to work and exchange informations with his friend the prominent Danish physicist Niels Bohr, which would become a cornerstone in the research into this new type of power.

Also some more worrying letters had found their way to Hitler's desk in the previous months. A civil war had erupted in Spain when a communist block had tired to seize power in the country after a highly contested election. The national front led by Francisco Franco Bahamonde had asked for support against his enemies, and Hitler had hesitantly agreed. He did not want to become an arsenal for another country's civil war, but more importantly he had no wish to see the cancer of communism spread further west.

But all in all it had been a very good fifteen months.

xe1l4k.png

ic0mfp.png

Berlin 5. April 1942.

It was yet again a busy office day for Hitler and his cabinet as they were sitting down to discuss matters concerning the production, research, politics and world affairs.

Noteworthy was the news that Japan had launched a surprise attack on Pearl Harbor sinking several american warships and killing thousands of sailors. This would surely cripple the Americans' ability to wage a naval war on the warlike japanese for years to come for sure thought Erich Raeder the now chief of navy of the reich.
"Now now, the americans are nothing if not resilient in the face of something like this." Said Hitler with a kid of patronizing voice that many had come to hear lately.
"Speaking of which, how are the things in our own army looking like now?"
The chief of staff Franz Halder stood up and gave an answer:

"Things are looking fairly good now mein führer, as i expected our existing formations are now fully modernized, and we have just recieved the figures for the amounts of new divisions we need to train and outfit. It is our belief that we need the following:

One hundred and twenty regular infantry divisions and their artillery attachments, formed into fourty three-division groups.
Thirty new armored divisions with heavy armor attachments with supporting sixty motorized infantry divisions with self-propelled artillery brigades all organized into groups of one panzer division for two motorized divisions.

Finally we'll be creating ten mixed groups with two mechanized infantry divisions with assault guns, one panzer division with tank destroyers and four motorized divisions with self propelled artillery to be used as a fast encirclement army.

Oh, and i've already taken the liberty of setting aside some factories to produce equipment and vehicles for these formations my führer."

"Very good, i appreciate the initiative. Now, how is the situation with our..."

Hitler had no time to finish his sentence, as a young SS-officer out of breath burst in to the room.

"MEIN FÜHRER! MEIN FÜHRER! THE FRENCH HAVE LAUNCHED A SURPRISE ATTACK ON OUR WESTERN BORDER!!"

The entire room fell silent, as Hitler rushed to the phone to place a very important call.

After dialing the phone, Hitler did not have to wait even a second for an answer. On the other end of the line was Generalfeldmarshall Eduard von Böhm Ermolli, the commander of the Red Zone.

"Yes before you ask mein Führer, they have launched a surprise attack, and yes, our lines are holding well. There is no chance they can breach with the forces they currently employ here. I am worried about the american bomber forces however.."

"Very well my friend, i will not keep you any further, make sure you hold those lines, we cannot spare any reinforcements until we've dealt with the Dutch."

With that, he put the phone down and addressed the cabinet.

"My friends, this is grave news indeed. What can we do to respond to this most heinous surprise attack?"

Chief of Staff Halder wasted no time.

"The situation is worse than you can imagine. We have only our border guard forces in our borders in addition to the small chrisis force we had as a backup in case one of our allies were attacked. Currently, the Finns, and the Poles, our two allies are busy guarding their eastern border, and i suggest we tell them to keep it that way in case the Soviets decide to take advantage of our weakened situation.

Like i mentioned earlier we have one hundred and twenty regular infantry divisions being prepared, which are on priority 1 status already, but they will still take some time to reach battle ready status. I suggest we take advantage of the fact that the Allies dont have a land access with the Dutch, their closest ally to us, and quickly assault them with everything we have closeby. As i mentioned the Belgians are keeping out of this one for the time being and the Dutch positions are looking very vulnerable indeed. It is as if they were not even informed about the plans to declare war on us.
It is in fact looking more and more of a case of your typical French bravado, and the rest of the allies only support them out of the fear that they may lose them if they dont. Which is probably close to the truth."

"Very well, i will not keep you further, i suggest we adjourn for now and get to business. I have several calls to make, and i'm sure you do too."

1. Did you reserach 1939 Infantry in 1936?
2. What happened between 1937 and 1942?
3. IRL Böhm-Ermolli died in 1941 at the age of 85. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eduard_von_Böhm-Ermolli

1. Yes.
2. Nothing really, just some small events that tbh i kinda forgot to mention. :/ Basically i said no to danzig or war, and cosied myself to Finland and Poland to get them as allies. The japs declared war on the Americans and allies only couple of months before France declared on me.
3. Yes he did. Not sure why that didnt happen to me though.