• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
367491_crusaderkings_theoldgods_screen_07_medium.jpg
The Seljuks are confirmed! :D

367487_crusaderkings_theoldgods_screen_03_medium.jpg

Sweet hope this discovery doesn't backfire or anything, it would be a shame if the Skrælings decided to invade or something.

Just saw the new screens. Holy Tengri, that Mongol empire-tier COA frame is beautiful.

Awesome! I hope we get unique frames for the Zoroastrians as well.

I must have missed this screenshot, a shame they would not expand the map westwards for The Old Gods, like they did southwards for Sword of Islam.

We need Greenland!

I'm waiting for user reviews this time. The Republic was something of a let-down. I may even wait for the second post-release patch.

But the user reviews for the Republic are extremely good... most of us loved it, so I'd say the best thing you could do would be to play the game after the patch, so that you can see how the mechanics play out, and whether or not you'd find it fun to be a pagan/play in 867.

I must have missed this screenshot, a shame they would not expand the map westwards for The Old Gods, like they did southwards for Sword of Islam.

Greenland and Vinland aren't worth it. And PI would have to implement colonisation mechanics just for these territories.

I don't really see how it would be an interesting gameplay feature.

Greenland and Vinland aren't worth it. And PI would have to implement colonisation mechanics just for these territories.

I don't really see how it would be an interesting gameplay feature.

I'm not saying it's worth too much effort, yet I do not believe they would have to add any mechanics at all. Think of this, just have the first holding be buildable (instead of already existing) like any other holding that hasn't been built yet, and what would that cost, 300 gold maybe? This would be easy to implement and so I don't see a lot of work needed to put Greenland in the game, if they really wanted to. Though I do agree it is a very minor player in the world, still I would find it quite an interesting challenge to play as the count of Greenland, might be fun. :)

African pagans, ships in the caspian sea, holy orders for norse. Hmm, nice.

I wonder if they could implement a navigable red sea and beyond by installing two of those new river barriers in an invisible river or such....