• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ATBKING

Man Of The Highlands
14 Badges
Jul 17, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis III

Tis my new AAR.

I've seen alot of AAR's but I have never seen one of Luxembourg. I dont hear alot of people talk of Luxembourg either. I consider myself a lover of OPM's and nations that have absolutely little to no chance of survival. This is one of those Nations.

What nation stands at my doorstep?? Only the most overpowered nation in Europe, Burgundy. They, are without a doubt, my main boss at the moment.

What to Expect from this AAR
What you usually expect from me. Lots of fun and butt kicking. This will be a narrative/gameplay style AAR much like my others.

Now time for the house rules.

1) Everything is on normal and Lucky Nations is on historical. Which means Castille, France, Austria, Sweden and (if It can be formed) The Netherlands are going to be my biggest rivals and problems. We shall keep a close eye on them.
2) My colonist are set to normal. Wait Normal?? But ATBKING you hate colonizing!!! Yes, I know. but for this campaign I forgot to change it to 200 after doing Gukpa's Expert Challenge. I played through 1405 and I wont be turning back because there is no better way to start a campaign!!
3) Vassal and PU Limit Is 5. Which means, no more then five nations can be my underlings at the same time. Either 4 PU and one vassal or 3 vassals and 2 PU. The number COMBINED will not exceed 5!!
4) No PU with nations over 5 Provinces.
5) Will not go over Infamy Limit. If Gone over the Infamy limit, then Vassals must be released until there are 5 points between amount and limit.
6) No Cheats
7) Only two unlawfuls at a time
(EDIT) *8) I will make a serious contribution to trading. It seems alot of people wanted me to trade in my HeAARt of Germany AAR (Dont believe me, look at the Link in the signature and read how many people asked me to trade.) I will trade, but only in provinces I OWN. Is that clear??

Expansion Goals
1) France and Burgundy Area
2) Dismantle The Empire!!! This one I have only done once, and that was in my Scotland campaign after I had destroyed the empire and a two province Minor was the Emperor.
3) Annex the HRE!! The world will be GREEN!!!
4) Annex Iberia.
5) Annex Italy

Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion.

Now Let the Games BEGIN!!!

Table of Contents

Chapter I: To Engrave Our Name In History Pt.1
Chapter II: To Engrave Our Name In History Pt.2
Chapter III: The Unification of Flanders Pt.1
Chapter IV: The Unification of Flanders Pt.2
Chapter V: The Unification of Flanders Pt.3
Chapter VI: The Unification of Flanders Pt.4
Chapter VII: The Future Looks Bright
Chapter VIII: A Good Day Indeed
Chapter IX: Frances Might
Chapter X: Controlling a Giant
Chapter XI: The Conquest of Brabant
Chapter XII: Take the Fight To Austria
Chapter XIII: Our Kingdom Flourish
Chapter XIV: Empire
Chapter XV: The Luxembourg Dynasty
Chapter XVI: Get Rid Of Nevers
Chapter XVII: Emperor?
Chapter XVIII: Nice Try
Chapter XIX: Start of Round 2
Chapter XX: War With Austria

Last edited:
I recently attempted a Bar campaign, which is not dissimilar. I hope you fare better than I did.

I'm arrived and well. Best of luck to you - I'm looking forward to this.

Chapter I: To Engrave Our Name In History Pt.1

Luxembourg, a minor country on the western border of the Holy Roman Empire. We rule a slot of land, no bigger then some countries capital. The City of Paris is bigger then the country of Luxembourg. The only good thing about us is that we have control of the Nation of Brandenburg. They are on the Eastern border of the Empire. They have a high dislike of the fact that they are controlled by such a weak nation. Their entire country wishes us dead, but that is not how we think. We fiond it is our destiny to rule them. It was made possible and we were the ones chosen to rule. What more could we ask?

But now was not the time to worry about Brandenburg. We needed to worry about how we are going to Expand and gain a larger landbase.

To the west was our best option, seeing as we didnt want to upset the Emperor by declaring war on other Holy Roman Brethren for no reason. Flanders is a very rich, populous and plentiful area. It would make a great place for a kingdom. Only, it is owned by Burgundy, one of the three strongest guardians of the empire. And to make matters worse, France has claims on Flanders just as Burgundy does. France, being the most powerful nation in the west was not a nation we wanted to cross. it spelled our immanent doom. We would have to look elsewhere for expansion.

To the North lay the Three kingdoms of Hainaut, Leige, and Aachen. Of them, Aachen was the weakest. Leige would be the strongest. They would make for great conquests. But, their conquest would bring about the eye of the emperor, who has an army bigger then the population of our city. They will have to be left alone. But to be safe, an alliance was sent to Aachen. Just a liitle past them was the 2nd strongest nation in the area, Brabant. They would make great Allies. We sent them an offer for an Alliance.

To the East lay Trier. I wouldnt look to them as conquests. More for an Alliance. Just a little past them lay the Kingdom of Palatinate. The also field a strong army and would make great allies.

To the south lay Bar and Lorraine. Bar was the only nation separating Burgundy's two halves. If Bar was to be annexed by Burgundy, it would spell the end of every mentioned nation. Lorraine is also a major target for Burgundy. They would also make an easy target for us. Their King had no heir and we could gain control of them easily. They would become the focus of our expansion. We must be quick. Burgundy must be stopped at all cost.But to stop them, power is needed.

Brabant, Aachen, Palatinate and Trier all agreed to ally ourselves against Burgundy. Lorraine also agreed to our Royal Marriage. The first part of our phase was now complete. all we needed to do now was Claim Their Throne and seize control. By force if I must. Unfortunately, those plans were to be put on hold. The following day, one of our worst fears came true.....

Three days into the campaign and we were against one of the most powerful nations in Europe. This was not looking good. All allies except for Aachen joined in on the war. How foolish of them.

Our army of 1000 was immediately sent to Valenciennes. 2000 Mercenaries were purchased to help. Burgundy's 6000 man army lay siege to the Province of Brabant. This was fine. If Brabant was to be used as a shield in order to provide a path to further my ambition, then so be it.

This may not look like much, but this was my armies first victory. It made its King very proud.

After a couple of small skirmishes, Burgundy had finally manifested a very sizable army. We abandoned our siege of Valenciennes and retreated back to Luxembourg. Their armies continued pursuit and followed us to Luxembourg. We were able to retreat into Trier before their army could reach us. Now 10,000 troops lay siege in Brabant, and 6,000 lay siege to my capital. I called to my allies of Palatinate and Trier for help, they answered the call, and we marched together.

With their army routed in the south, there was nothing to do but attack the cities.Our Allies had other Ideas. Both Palatinate and Trier marched to Brabant to slay the last 10,000 troops in the north. I laid siege to Valenciennes for the second time. My armies were battered and there was nothing we could do. My Army wanted to end the war. But I cant so long as we still have a chance at victory!!

The battles in Brabant were taking a turn for the Better. Burgundy's smaller army was on the verge of defeat and the northern army was cornered deep within enemy lines. There was no way for Burgundy to come out with the Victory. But the men still needed something to give them hope. endless battles wouldn't grab victory. Only taking provinces would. The men needed a big moral boost, and on September 21,1400, That moral boost was found. after a 133 day siege, Valenciennes had finally fallen. Burgundy could be beaten, and we were going to lead the charge to its destruction.

Why??

Because It Is Our Destiny

End of Chapter I​

Last edited:
Great job weakening Burgundy so early. When I tried Luxembourg I ate Liege, Aachen, Bar and Lorraine, only to get eaten by Burgundy after they annexed Brabant and Hainut.

Burgundy, why do you always have to cause so much trouble? I guess this is what you call a baptism of fire.

Knowing how good you seem to be at the game, I'm suspecting Luxembourg will pull through - either that, or this will be the shortest AAR I've ever followed ;)

Looming forward to more.

Wow, the game starts throwing Fun at you from the very start. You seemed to handle the situation pretty well, though.
It seems interesting, I'll look forward to your progress.
P. S. Aren't you in the Empire? If so, why didn't Bohemia help you during the war?

No. I just havent updated them. Would you like for me to update my other AAR's Sir Fallon?

I like the frankfurt ARR. So that one. You have posted over there that you would so no worries.

Also dont feel pressured to updaate it because of me.

Looking good :) Let's just hope Brabant won't wimp out when its capital falls to that big stack.

If Brabant can hold out till I take another three or four provinces, then this war is won!! All I can do is hope.

Great job weakening Burgundy so early. When I tried Luxembourg I ate Liege, Aachen, Bar and Lorraine, only to get eaten by Burgundy after they annexed Brabant and Hainut.

Ouch. That sucks. Burgundy can do that since it has claims on Lux, Hainaut, Leige and Brabant. Hopefully, If all fails and Burg wins this war, they wont annex Brabant in the process and become super overpowered like they usually do.

Go Luxemburg! You Are the true ruler of Europe!!!

No, Scotland is the true ruler of Europe. I am just allowing Luxembourg, Brittany and Frankfurt to have a nice long dream.

Burgundy, why do you always have to cause so much trouble? I guess this is what you call a baptism of fire.

Knowing how good you seem to be at the game, I'm suspecting Luxembourg will pull through - either that, or this will be the shortest AAR I've ever followed ;)

Looming forward to more.

Burgundy always has to cause trouble. It is in their nature whenever I play EU3. They and Bavaria are usually my biggest pain in the arse. I wonder if this will be the record for shortest AAR. Seeing as if I lose and all. I will say, It did take me about 6 tries to not get annexed from the get go. Burg is such a spazz.

Flanders is a rich area indeed..

Kick those Burgundian bastards into the dust!

Coming from you, I know this must be true. I will leave not a single Burgundian left standing!!!

Wow, the game starts throwing Fun at you from the very start. You seemed to handle the situation pretty well, though.
It seems interesting, I'll look forward to your progress.
P. S. Aren't you in the Empire? If so, why didn't Bohemia help you during the war?

It aint no fun if the homies cant get some!! I know exactly how to handle Burg as Lux. Find yourself a gullible meatshield. Preferably Brabant. and ally with any nations in the area. When I say any, I mean any that is willing to help. All excluding Bar. Keep Burgundy split in two. If Bar gets annexed before you, you have pretty much lost unless Burg is preoccupied with Bohemia or Austria or France.

As for me being a HRE member. Its just as adalephat said. Burg is a HRE member as well and they had a Casus belli on me. Im actually lucky that Burg and Bohemia didnt ally like they usually do in my previous 'Attempts' at survival.

Burgundy had casus belli and she's a member also

otherwise subscribed, Flanders is a fun area to play.

It is fun, especially Kicking Burgs arse.

I like the frankfurt ARR. So that one. You have posted over there that you would so no worries.

Also dont feel pressured to updaate it because of me.

You want an update you shall get one. Actually, you shall get two. I shall update on Tuesday and Wednesday. Just for you of course!! I would do it tonight, but my job physically demanding and I need all the rest I can get. Plus it is Monday, so Brittany got its update. But I shall update my Frankfurt AAR the second I get home.

On a side note, I forgot to add the last picture on this Chapter. Its up now. Its only a shot of me winning the siege of the province but hey. Its there now!!