• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(572633)

Private
19 Badges
Oct 13, 2012
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • March of the Eagles
  • Magicka
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • For The Glory
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
===== METAL GEAR MOD ===== Works with Darkest Hour 1.03 =====

Adds "Outer Heaven", "Militaires Sans Frontières" and "Zanzibar Land" as playable nations.
Adds new music.
Adds new tech teams, new military leaders, and new ministers for these nations.
Replaces some tanks for these nations with Metal Gears.
Adds new events/decisions.

===== COMING SOON =====

"Shadow Moses Island" playable nation (Located at Dutch Harbor). (Might not be doing this, since it was Liquid)
Fixed tech teams pictures (Although, I don't know why they appear with gray spots on them. This is giving me the most trouble).
More units (Maybe Arsenal Gear and Outer Haven as Naval units?)
I'm always open to suggestions, post what you want to see in the mod!

===== DOWNLOAD LINK ===== UPDATED ON 7/7/13 =====

http://filesmelt.com/dl/Metal_Gear_Mod3.zip

===== INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS =====

Open your "Mods" folder in the "Darkest Hour A HOI Game" folder.
Copy the "Darkest Hour Full" folder and paste it in the same directory.
Rename the copied folder, "Metal Gear Mod."
Download and unzip the file in the link above.
Move the folder you unzipped to the same directory and combine the two (merge any folders/copy and replace any files).
When you launch the game select, "Metal Gear Mod" under the mods tab.
The 1936 Scenario is the one with the changes. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Will this do?
outerheaven.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Did it because Paradox does not allow because it's Illegal in Germany.
Paradox bans the Swastika and all Nazi symbolism, because "Germany and various other countries" bans it in laws on Nazi/totalitarian symbols. Germany and all, allow the use of the Swastika strictly for religious Hindu-Buddhic symbolism. The Nazi swastika is right facing, the Hindu-Buddhist symbol can be shown both ways but shown modernly as left facing (or just like outer heaven logo), because of the Nazies.

tl;dr : This isnt Nazi and thus should be allowed.

But, do please ignore, if proven false by a new rule interpretation from a moderator.

Where should I upload the mod to? and then attach it to this thread, or start a new one?
Please upload to filesmelt.com or mediafire.com , they are avaiable almost everywhere and has good bit rates.
Keep it here pls!

This idea is AWESOME! Are previous Metal Gears researchable? REX, RAY, Arsenal Gear etc... ?

Shagohod, RAXA, Intercontinental Ballistic Metal Gear, ZEKE, TX-55, Metal Gear G, Metal Gear D, REX, RAY (Manned), RAY (Unmanned), RAY (Revised)
I think that's all of them..
Arsenal Gear and Outer Haven have yet to be added.
The tank tech tree.. check the names. The icons and pictures are also changed (but not the sprites)

Is vulnerability very high? I mean we are talking about a machine that was destroyed by one man...

No, same stats as tanks. Just images and names changed. Don't really want to mess with units stats until I understand modding more

My first unit 'mod' was Hoi II, taking all final units and making them SUPER unbeatables with build times of about half of the usual/ 'regular' units. Always make backups and just start toying. :) I don't need to anymore but back in the prehistoric days (prior to DH) I thought it was great having infantry that would be built in 100 days that had over 50 hard and soft attack.