This page has been updated at 09/11/2014, correcting the information shown in this page and some critical English errors.
Important Note: this tool won't be updated anymore. I've abandoned my modding projects on PI games very long time ago.
Everything that is posted on this thread after this main post is initially outdated.
The application by itself still may contain some serious English errors, but I'm not into updating the software and reuploading.
"Victoria II Nation Establisher" is a dynamic modding tool I've developed in order to *Establish* nations (countries) in the shortest time and economise modding time and difficulty when it comes to complicated projects.
The main features:
What it does not :
- Dynamically reads and parses game data from a resource directory to let you create nations in different game properties and data. For example Party issues, Government types, Technologies, Inventions etc etc..
- Automatically generates:
- Localisation data for party names and for each type of government to name the country.
- Common data of the country, Which contains all available parties.
- Historical data:
- Units - Do not worry, there are Land & Sea editors too!
- Misc nation data - See in the pictures...
- Technology - There is a UI to pick specific technologies or collective switch by years.
- Inventions - Same as technologies.
- Reforms and upper-house - Automatic! by the government type. Hardcore modders may change the generation by the dynamic resource files.
- Flags - You get five empty and properly named flags in TGA format. Download a TGA editor if still don't have it.
- Exporting output - Your nation, a borderless country is defined.
- It does not create or generate any borders. (You should find a tool for it, As far as I know the best exists out there for Victoria 2 is the Clauswitz Scenario Editor for Victoria 2.
- It does not generate any diplomatic relations between the rest of the countries, You should do it with Notepad++.
- It does not create timeline bookmarks ... (because they are useless and imbalanced)
If you have a complicated project where you are reworking the entire game, Then the base generated game properties of the tool may not fit your mod anymore , For example what if you've created some new technologies, governments, ideologies, units and other new game objects? So you can put your new modded files in the "Resources\Game" directory of the tool. The tool will read and interpret your new game objects and properties, and then let you create new nations fastest with the new features you have added to the game by your mod.
- I am not really sure if the tool will work properly in older operating systems such as Windows XP or Vista. But for those who does have Windows 8 with .NET Framework 4.5 the application should launch and work as expected.
- Download .NET Framework 4.5 otherwise the tool won't even launch . Download .NET Framework 4.5
- If your Antivirus deletes it, Then make your decision :> Trust or Not. lol
- Just because of the legal responsibility, There is an EULA (As-Is etc.), Please confirm the EULA.
- DO NOT forget to edit your "\common\countries.txt" and add the new nation to the list.
- You can pick a special color by right click on the selection menu of the colors and an RGB color picker will appear.
- Development Information:
- Language: C#
- Lines: 8,500+-
- Code Ratio: 93%
- Foundation: .NET Framework 4.5
- GUI: Windows Forms
- IDE: Microsoft Visual Studio 2012
- Time: 50 Hours+-
- Source: Closed and obfuscated.
- V 1.1 Media-Fire: http://www.mediafire.com/?1wleakvy9bq0wos