• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I oppose de Alberte as a replacement; in my capacity as Vice-Chancellor, Cardinal, Archbishop, and Abbot.

-LS

This war is a bloody and difficult one, and we need more soldiers to fill our ranks. As such, with my powers as Chamberlain, I hereby set aside 50,000 ducats from the Papal treasury to replenish, rearm and restrengthen the armies of the Papal States, including the ability to hire mercenaries if desired. I also believe that it may be prudent for us to sponsor the creation of a new holy order, for the average plebian, so we have more men at our disposal ready to strike down the heretics and the faithless. An order that every man can be part of, and allows them a chance to actively save their souls, could become quite popular. We shall cast down this new Anti-Pope!

~ Cardinal Damiano, Chamberlain of the Apolistic Camera

Last edited:
The Saracens were beaten, though not yet devastated. Pulling his sword out of another slain foe, Antonio raised his head and looked around. The battle was over, but some troops were still pursuing retreating enemies, thinning their ranks.

"Sound the retreat. We are pulling off." said Captain-General in a steady voice, that was so different from his war cry an hour ago. The mighty call roared across plains that were now covered in numerous bodies. While the 1st Squadron was marching back to the camp, Dandolo met his former mentor, Roberto. "Good battle." — "Good battle it is." With such simple words they've struck their ironclad fists and ventured together to celebrate their victory.

Upon his return to Rome, Captain-General and his Lancers were cheered by an ecstatic crowd. Moving through the city, they've arrived to Piazza del Trullo, where Antonio Dandolo gave his speech.

Citizens of Rome! Fellow Christians! With God's will, another victory was snatched from our numerous enemies, and we can be rejoicing for today. But while your praises warm my heart, they should be directed at soldiers that fought in this battle alongside me, for were I alone naught but perdition would await me. Yes, those common soldiers, your simple fellow Romans are the ones who made this miracle possible! I was but a smith that forged them into a weapon of Providence. And while you many of you may think that you are too insignificant to make any difference, every good Christian is a tool of His will.
But one battle will not yet bring us a victory. Our foes are strong, and our allies are dwindling. That is why I, nay, the Mother Church needs you! A multitude of trials awaits us, but you are not the powerless multitude! To protect the Saint Peter's Throne, the Military Order of Saint Peter will arise. Any of you may become a defender of Faith, of the Holy See and the Eternal City, and God will see your dedication. Those that will live and die fighting in the Order will certainly find a place in the Heaven.
And those of you that are not inclined to be hardy warriors may yet be of great use for the Order. Every bit and every person is important. Doctors and smiths, grooms and cooks — donations of gold and arms, of food and horses — if you believe you can be of help — then help, and it will be remembered!

((OOC: it started so well and turned into some kind of advertisement, oh well))

Children of God,

The apostate that rules Rome is doomed to fail, as the army of the true believers is marching upon him and will crush him. We have had our issues in the past, and the Church has been too involved with earthly business. Our papacy shall see peace reign, and prayer and service for the fidels will be central, opposed to pesky politics and power-play. We offer you an amnesty,servants of Lando, We will absolve your sins if you only agree to fight the heathen Lando. Even to Lando, with all his sins, We offer peace. We offer you to stay alive and to spend the rest of your life in a monastry, glorifying, praising and praying the Lord the way you should have done long before.

For the business in France, We wish the forces of the Coalition luck and will pray the Lord for them, because their liege has deeply offended the Heavens and no ruler should be allowed to rule in these conditions. In the Holy Roman Empire, the Emperor has beaten the rebels and it is great news for the Christianity. As of Sicily, I am disappointed to learn Roger I's answer but loyalty, even to a bad ruler, stays a virtue. We ask you, Hautevilles, to fight the Saracens and to protect the Faith. But don't protect Lando, as his false papacy is an offence to the Heavens.

Totuus albus in Christo

Celestine II, Pontifex Maximus, Vicar of Christ, Servant of the servants of God, Bishop of Rome

OOC: I was proposed this job by Henry IV and do it for the game. No one needs to feel personally betrayed.

Last edited:
Archbishop de Montfort is reported to be wandering around Rome in a state of near shock, muttering repeatedly and nearly inaudibly;

I told you so.

Name: Niccolo Farnese
Birth Year: 1055
Culture: Italian
Position: Priest
Biography: Born in Orvieto, Niccolo is a sixth son of an influental nobleman. Having entered the clergy at a very young age, he became a monk in the monastery of Monte Griori (near Rome), and was in a few years (thanks both to his talents and family connections) elected abbot. In this capacity he has proved himself a capable administrator and a brilliant preacher. Now a bishop Niccolo is known for his fiery temper, ambitious character - and utmost fidelity to the Pope and the Holy Church. His views can be defined as hardline, he dreams of expanding the powers of the Church by all means and sees the Vicar of Christ as both temporal and spiritual sovereign of the catholic world. Because of his small stature, he has been nicknamed "Niccolo le Piccolo".

Last edited:
180pxcoatofarmsoflorenz.png

His Eminence, Cardinal Leone de Sabelli, of the
Papal Chancery of Apostolic Briefs
I am horrified by the satanic perfidy of Orsini in defying the one, true, and holy Pope Lando II, Vicar of Christ. He has subordinated himself to a temporal power instead of adhering to the true dominance of our Lord; and I urge all true Catholics to resist him and his puppetmaster in Ravenna.

Caritas et Patientia Christi,

Leone de Sabelli,
Chancellor of the Papal Chancery of Apostolic Briefs
Vice-Chancellor of the Papal States
Archbishop of Florence
Abbot of S Giacomo

The betrayal by one of our own is most shocking, and I am at a loss as to why Bobone-Orsini decided to side with the Kaiser Henry. There was no Christian motivation to what he did, only simple lust for power, topped off with greed. The man has turned his back on the Throne of St. Peter, and therefore on God, and has damned himself to hell. We must stand united in these difficult times, and overcome the obstacles that cause us to stumble. Did Jesus not struggle with his burden of the cross, yet see the journey through? We must draw from the lesson's that Christ left us, and continue onwards, even though we tire. We will prevail.

~ Cardinal Damiano, Chamberlain of the Apolistic Camera, Archbishop of Gaeta

A letter from Niccolo Farnese to His Holiness the Pope

Your Holiness!

I am a priest, and sincerely believe that the Christian faith is based on love and compassion. I have renounced the world and devoted myself to the service of the Lord. And have wished to serve Him humbly all my life, without meddling in politics or other temporal matters.

But we live in difficult times. The worms of heresy and treason are demolishing the magnificent building of the Catholic Church. Haughty Caesars are rebelling against God, while traitors and impostors arrogate to themselves the highest spiritual offices. At such times, we should not do what we want, but what we ought to do. And at the moment we need soldiers - in cassocks and in armour.

Being sincerely committed to the Faith, the nobles and commoners of my diocese want to serve the Vicar of Christ on the field of battle. And me, their humble Bishop, they have elected as their leader. I ask Your Holiness to allow me and my people to join any of your regiments and fight for the Holy Cause - with a sword in one hand and a cross in the other. Or serve your in any other capacity.

Niccolo Farnese, Bishop of Terracina

((ooc: so is coldfront only down for me? or is it everyone?))

Name: Lorenzo Degambiella
Culture: Italian
Date of Birth: March 15th, 1050
Position: Bishop
Biography: The son of a Nobleman, Lorenzo was turned to the Word of God at a young age, and after running his own church for a long time, he quickly became a Bishop in Naples. Looking for higher ambitions, Lorenzo is now looking to expand his influence with the higher ups.

OOC: Is there an ETA for the update?

During these dark days, when one of our own turns his back on God to follow his own ambitions, we must work together. I ask all of you, to put aside the personal squabbles and plans that occur throughout these hallowed halls, and instead focus on driving out the demon that is the Antipope! Such a lackey of the Emperor should not be tolerated, especially not when he claims to hold such a position! God appointed his holiness Pope Lando II to the Throne of St Peter, and having a mere mortal claim that he knows better than god is heresy! Cast down the Antipope and restore the sanctity of the Catholic Church!

~ Cardinal Damiano, Chamberlain of the Apolistic Camera, Archbishop of Gaeta

GM Note: Sorry about delaying the update. I have an enormous amount of school work at the moment. It should be up tomorrow (Friday). For those who asked if they sent orders, everyone has sent them. Thank you for your understanding.

Name: Alaric Reiter
Birth Year: 1067
Culture: German
Field: Soldier
Biography: Born in Brandenburg to a prostitute and a member of the city guard, Alaric didn't have many prospects for success, but that all changed when he was fourteen and he witnessed the death of his father at the hands of a heretic. This event set aflame a zealousness in Alaric that few others possess, and now he wishes to join the papal army to rid the world of all sins, even those from within the church...

Last edited:
I Alaric Reiter, Would like to pledge myself as well as my Sword to the cause that is defending the one, and true God, and as long as my faith is intact so shall my blade be sharp!

~Reiter, Alaric

Name: Albert of Liege
Year of Birth: 1040
Culture: German
Field: Cleric, Prince-Bishop of Tongeren-Liege
Biography: Born the second son of a poor knight, Albert entered the Church as so many did, through the cathedral school. He was ordained a priest in 1063, and became a canon at the cathedral in his native city. As a canon he was well-known for his charity toward the poor and his piety, writing a manual for confessors. In 1075 he was elected Bishop, due to the belief of Emperor Henry IV that he would support him politically. However, this turned out to be in vain, for instead of attending the infamous Synod of Worms, he stayed away, in fact joining the opposition to Imperial power at the Diet of Trebur. He remains one of the few bishops in the northwestern part of the Empire to recognize Lando II.