• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

spasmolytic

Corporal
17 Badges
May 23, 2010
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Majesty 2
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
I successfully created a revolt country to play as from 1936 and will soon begin editing the slue of files it will take to truly make it part of core. It is glorious!
So anyway then I added the provinces of a minor country to this revolt nation.
My question is why would a minor country's absence from the core 1936 scenario file crash to desktop? It doesn't give me the option to ignore it gives me the "arsenal of democracy has stopped working" treatment.

I managed to fix the problem by keeping the minor country's scenario file in the scenario load list - it simply owns no provinces and has no cores.
But now theres another problem. I think CORE is haunted.
All I've done is add a new scenario (is that why this doesn't work?) and at first it was fine but then (later!) it stopped allowing me to save my game. It says:
"couldent open file:scenario/savegames/Poland_1936_January_6.eug"
whenever I save (as poland). Well thats weird I figure I'd find a way around it later. Later (later!) as I'd progress about halfway through the first month of play the game crashes to desktop without warning (repeatedly).
So I guess CORE is haunted because I'm not a rookie at modding hoi/armageddon and this doesn't really seem all that different from that game. There are new additions - but I proceeded carefully with testing and copied other countries so as not to make mistakes. I even reinstalled core and copied all my minor (scenario not event, ai, or anything else) additions over but it still crashes and wont allow me to save. The regular Core scenario still works.

Last edited: