• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
22% of all users who played CK2 in March tried a mod at least once.

9,8% - Game of Thrones
6,0% - CK2+
2,0% - The Prince and the Thane
0,9% - Lux Invicta
0,7% - Project Balance
0,6% - A New World, The Dawn of Empires.

22% of all users who played CK2 in March tried a mod at least once.

9,8% - Game of Thrones
6,0% - CK2+
2,0% - The Prince and the Thane
0,9% - Lux Invicta
0,7% - Project Balance
0,6% - A New World, The Dawn of Empires.
Conditional on letting Paradox receive the data (which I did).

I want to see the Elder Kings numbers

of cause, but given that they have no estimates as of which mod that are played by relatively many that doesn't share data, Paradox can't really use any other numbers than those they have
But it is important to specify this.

Hmmmm - this leads to a query of mine.

Magnate lords had 1366 downloads for that month, are people downloading my mod and not playing it? downloading it and using it as a modding aid? are they refusing to send data to paradox survey?or are you not displaying all of the results as it is a heavily economic focused mod, and as you dont wish ck to have more economic play (but people do) hiding the resulsts so people cannot use that to back up there arguments for more economic mechanics/dlc etc:eek: /end conspiracy lol

lol either way im happy people download it :)

Last edited:

Magnate lords had 1366 downloads for that month, are people downloading my mod and not playing it? downloading it and using it as a modding aid? or are you not displaying all of the results as it is a heavily economic focused mod, and as you dont wish ck to have more economic play (but people do) hiding the resulsts so people cannot use that to back up there arguments for more economic mechanics/dlc etc:eek:

i tried your mod (not last month), i liked the idea but i found the economy buildings were expensive to build and did not yield very much benefit, as far as i could tell. i did not delve super deep into it tho.

Magnate lords had 1366 downloads for that month, are people downloading my mod and not playing it? downloading it and using it as a modding aid? are they refusing to send data to paradox survey?or are you not displaying all of the results as it is a heavily economic focused mod, and as you dont wish ck to have more economic play (but people do) hiding the resulsts so people cannot use that to back up there arguments for more economic mechanics/dlc etc:eek:

It depends entirely on how many people played CK2 last month, maybe ~1400 isnt enough for 0.5% of players :eek:

It depends entirely on how many people played CK2 last month, maybe ~1400 isnt enough for 0.5% of players :eek:

well i think thats quite a lot of people for a mod, not as much as hoi obviously. Probably my own fault too for not adding many new things recently but i still have a pillaging system, resources, buildings, events etc lol. But im glad paradox gives us more info, the more info the better!

well i think thats quite a lot of people for a mod, not as much as hoi obviously. Probably my own fault too for not adding many new things recently. But im glad paradox gives us more info, the more info the better!

I do suppose it is alot, yes, I might take a look at it myself, because it does look interesting, is it compatible with other mods?

I am personally only using small mods for additional republics (together with low res mod so I can run the CK II). I like how in CK II one can easilly combine larger ammount of smaller mount.

Okay, okay, 22 per cent played a mod. But how is the rest of these statistics calculated? The per cent values add up to less than 22 per cent and I'd assume that those mods not listed have less than the ones listed. I think it is fair to assume that most likely every player contributes a single mod to the statistics. If I play 10 mods at once or 10 mods on consecutive days it wouldn't be counted, right?

I would have thought, that both Project Balance and The Prince and The Thane would have been more popular. Still more remarkable is, that only 22% uses a mod; then again the forum might distort your impression a bit. :)

I would have thought, that both Project Balance and The Prince and The Thane would have been more popular. Still more remarkable is, that only 22% uses a mod; then again the forum might distort your impression a bit. :)

personally i thought 22% was actually suprisingly high, you should see some of the statistics for what percent of people dont do certain things with the games they buy

Magnate lords had 1366 downloads for that month, are people downloading my mod and not playing it? downloading it and using it as a modding aid? are they refusing to send data to paradox survey?or are you not displaying all of the results as it is a heavily economic focused mod, and as you dont wish ck to have more economic play (but people do) hiding the resulsts so people cannot use that to back up there arguments for more economic mechanics/dlc etc:eek:

for one thing, I've downloaded your mod mostly as a study guide of sorts :p
:laugh:
still, I think it's highly likely that not every one of those downloads necessarily counted to the total tally.

Besides, based on my experience in setting up .mod files, it seems it triggers everytime a new .mod file is shown up, so I'm guessing that counts as "one point", the sum of which is divided by the total of the number registered ck2 copies.
that means, boot it once or boot it daily, it still counts as "1 player that plays a certain mod"

I want to see the Elder Kings numbers

that's March data. Elder Kings was released on April
:p

still, it does raise questions.
what happened to AGOT? It's always been the poster-boy mod of sorts, getting news articles and all, but I find it odd they're not on the list for the second time now.

Last edited: