• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jan 29, 2005
I play France and can easily stop and then beat Germany. However it hasn't been possible to then go ahead and win the Soviets, since French MP is so low etc.
Gametheoretically as Allied, it almost makes no sense to defend vs Germany in Continental Europe, because it's like paving a free highway for the Soviets. You'd be better off letting Germany win France, and then let them fight each other. Unless you are France yourself haha, then we have this paradox.

Anyone been able to do this? (preferably on at least Hard)

I play France and can easily stop and then beat Germany. However it hasn't been possible to then go ahead and win the Soviets, since French MP is so low etc.
Gametheoretically as Allied, it almost makes no sense to defend vs Germany in Continental Europe, because it's like paving a free highway for the Soviets. You'd be better off letting Germany win France, and then let them fight each other. Unless you are France yourself haha, then we have this paradox.

Anyone been able to do this? (preferably on at least Hard)

release frg and try again

I played a game as Britain where, somewhat anti-climactically, me, France and Poland defeated Germany. Will the Soviets ever actually attack? Thanks to a weird post-war event, the Allies now include Britain, the USA, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Poland, Denmark and Austria.

Is there any point carrying this save on?

EDIT: Oh, and the FRG are part of the allies

Last edited:
I played a game as Britain where, somewhat anti-climactically, me, France and Poland defeated Germany. Will the Soviets ever actually attack? Thanks to a weird post-war event, the Allies now include Britain, the USA, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Poland, Denmark and Austria.

Is there any point carrying this save on?

just declare war on sovjets!