• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Aleksa75

First Lieutenant
1 Badges
Dec 29, 2011
  • Darkest Hour
Hello everyone!!!

Here’s the third version of my idea how this HISTORICAL EVENTS MOD should look like. You’ll find here a lot of historical events (some 1100 for now).
The events are 100% simple decisions mostly WITHOUT any possibility to choose the decision. Therefore I remind you that this is only for people who like to play the game historically. That means if you play, for example, with Germany, and go to war against someone else before 1939, most of the German events won’t trigger.

Here’s the link for VERSION 4:
https://mega.co.nz/#!xZ52VTJL!EQS-FXbj78l8Xic0GQekDxho24IqEoUbVumm30uzGkU
INSTRUCTIONS: You just need to open a new folder in Darkest Hour\Mods, call it, for example: 'New Historical Events Mod', copy/paste 'Darkest Hour Full' in it, and then this content.

This should work fine on DH 1.03RC3, but also on previous versions. I tested the events in combination with World In Flames II and Yugoslav Improvement Mod, and they work (perfectly) well.

Sorry about the photos, but there are (for now) only some photos for major Italian, Japanese and USSR events. Others use default news photo.

Here are some of the events:
# Dissolution of Nationalist Party in Syria
# Dissolution of Cortes in Spain
# Japanese Depart Naval Conference
# Downfall of the Laval Government in France
# General Strikes in Syria
# Assassination of Gustloff in Switzerland
# Anglo-Irish Trade Pact
# Military Revolt in Paraguay
# Czechoslovak State Visit to Austria
# Albanian-Italian Economic Agreements
# Three Power Pact of Rome
# Formation of the Arab High Committee in Palestine
# Austrian Conscription
# British Letters of Reassurance
# Saudi-Iraqi Treaty of Non-Aggression
# Spanish Cortes Removal of President Zamora
# Turkish Request to Fortify the Straits
# Representation of Natives Act in South Africa
# Death of King Fuad of Egypt
# German-Yugoslav Barter Agreement
# Popular Front Established in Argentina
# Austrian State Visit to Rome... etc.

These events include some major Italian, Japanese and USSR events, and historical events for the period from 1933-1940.

Please feel free to comment, to suggest and to point to potential errors.

People who made it possible: moxs602 and Arcanjo Zero
I would also like to thank jpbfr, sephy and Hirz (he's also the creator of the photos).
Thank you for your wholehearted help and support!

Aleksandar

load1024.png

90429965.jpg

Last edited:
were do I install it? in events? and the pics?

You copy/paste the file in:
Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Full\db\events (or you can create a separate Mod folder).
They you write the link:
event = "db\events\historicalevents.txt"
Put the link in the file 'events' that is in:
Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Full\db (in the new row, under event = "db\events\Election_day.txt")

You should put pics in:
Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Full\gfx\events_pics

Tell me did it work!

Last edited:
will you add some chinese events(CHI CHC CGX MAN SIK TIB CYN MEN MON)?I can help that

Yes, there are some 25 Nat. CHI. events, and some 10-15 Communist China events so far.
Of course you can add Chinese events, just as long as they are historical.

yes I see the events and I will find if there is some other important events

list
#1.1 new Agreement between SIK and SOV @SIK
#2.20 Eastern Expedition against Yan Xishan @CHC @CSX
#3.4 A Meeting between Li Ke-nong and Zhang Xue-liang @CHC
#5.5 Draft constitution of ROC @CHI
#5.27 Western expedition @CHC @CXB
#6.30 a victory of Northeast Anti-Japanese coalition @MAN
#10.9 end of Long March @CHC
#10.19 the death of National soul(Lu Xun) @CHI
#11.23 Seven Gentlemen Incident @CHI
#3.10 Mandatory popularity of Japanese @Man
#3.24 Military exercises of JAP navy in Qingdao @CHI
#4.27 fail of Western expedition @CHC @SIK
#8.14 the Proclamation of Self-Defense and War of Resistance @CHI
#12.31 Soviet military advisers arrived @CHI
#1.8 Medical team from USA and CAN arrived @CHI
#1.24 execute Han fu-ju @CHI
#4.17 the defection of Zhang guo-tao @CHC @CHI
#12.28 the treason of Wang Jing-wei @CHI @ JAP

Last edited:
attempted to download your file, is not in winrar format as described, and is only 47kb in size. possibly a problem with the download site.

attempted to download your file, is not in winrar format as described, and is only 47kb in size. possibly a problem with the download site.

How's that possible? It says 3.1 Mb.
Can anyone else verify that?

Hi great mod!!

A couple suggestions -

If possible, I'd love to add in a few decisions that are historically realistic but allow for some deviation from historical script to make it less predictable.

For Communist China there should be some events to give them 'free' militia units. As I'm sure you're aware, the Communists did not raise troops in the typical western European fashion but won support, at times forcibly, from peasants and disaffected Nat China troops. Without events this is not properly replicated in the vanilla game and makes the Communists far too weak and the Nat far too strong IMO.

The CCIP is generally awesome and includes fantastic, historical events for China and Japan..might want to consider incorporating some of them into your mod :)

Again thanks for the good work!

Hi great mod!!

A couple suggestions -

If possible, I'd love to add in a few decisions that are historically realistic but allow for some deviation from historical script to make it less predictable.

For Communist China there should be some events to give them 'free' militia units. As I'm sure you're aware, the Communists did not raise troops in the typical western European fashion but won support, at times forcibly, from peasants and disaffected Nat China troops. Without events this is not properly replicated in the vanilla game and makes the Communists far too weak and the Nat far too strong IMO.

The CCIP is generally awesome and includes fantastic, historical events for China and Japan..might want to consider incorporating some of them into your mod :)

Again thanks for the good work!

Good point, and very interesting suggestion to think about. Right now we are doing mostly League of Nations events, and once they are covered we'll definitely take a look into it. If you want, you can write suggested event(s), and we'll be glad to incorporate them.

Very nice idea.
I love historical events.
Thank you dear sirs...
:)

Thanks, we are looking to improve this with a new interface and more new events.