• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Marshall18

I sometimes do controversial things
45 Badges
Jul 8, 2009
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • March of the Eagles
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
Update: No longer working on this mod. If you want to develop it further: https://github.com/AndreCL/Ecuadorian-Peruvian_War

[MOD] Ecuadorian–Peruvian War

Ecuadorian–Peruvian War mini-mod/battle scenario
featuring: The Awesome E3 map
v.0.03

villar_zps9d4c9789.jpg

While the worlds eyes are turned towards Europe, two South American nations face each other in open combat.

tanque2_zps531a7671.jpg

Saturday, July 5, 1941:
First clashes occur.
Will you use the Peruvian Agrupamiento del Norte to defeat the badly equipped and outnumbered Ecuadorian troops? Or will you fight bravely as the Ecuadorian army, managing to contain the Peruvian offensive?

tanque1_zps1fd08d13.jpg

July 31, 1941:
Ecuadorian President Carlos Alberto Arroyo del Río kept a sizable part of the Army in the capital, Quito, Ecuador. Will Ecuador surrender or will they take the war to the next level?

peruparacaicap6_zps17055446.jpg
Mod concept:
The aim is to create a realistic scenario of the war, but with the possibility of ahistorical choices and outcomes.
Due to the fact that the game can't handle some of the small numbers in this war, the sizes have all been increased by a given percentage

Peru_tomando_posecion_de_mar_ecuatoriano_zps1c6f5640.jpg

Ecuadorian–Peruvian War v.0.03 + E3 map v.0.08 - Released June 2013
Compatible with DH 1.03
Gamefront link
Mediafire part 1 part 2

cap-dat_zpsdecc5cc0.jpg

Features:
Code:
- It includes the full E3 map mod
- Relevant events
- Historical armed forces (10:1 ratio, otherwise the game destroys the units immediately)
- Option for loser to turn the battle into full scale instead of surrendering. (50/50 chance of AI fighting on!)

bi12-montecristi_zps66796e91.jpg
Installation:
Code:
1. Delete older version of the mod
2.Extract and copy to your mod folder

image006_zpsc14de8d0.jpg
Credits:
Code:
Mumia & rest of his team: [B]E3 MAP[/B]
Kretoxian: [B]Peruvian Air force[/B]
Marshall18: [B]Smaller details[/B]

image008_zpsa546e43e.jpg

Last edited:
All feedback, suggestions and cake is welcome

Screenshots:
from v.0.01
ScreenSave7_zps21667280.png

ScreenSave6_zps10679e4f.png

ScreenSave5_zps20633d99.png

ScreenSave4_zps18384224.png

Last edited:
Was this war the first in America where paratroopers were used?

The E3 map leaves place for much more battlescenarios like Korean war, Leticia Incident and so on.

Have you edited the province definition files for these provinces? (IE have you defined which provinces were mountain, urban, plains, desert, added resources and so on?) If you did it i suggest you to contact mumia he could use your help, and all our help too, in order to complete the map.

BTW, congrats it's a great BS.

This looks interesting, especially because I had not heard of this war until now...probably because it only lasted less than a month

It is not so famous (mainly because compared to the war in Europe, it was just a small conflict).

Was this war the first in America where paratroopers were used?

The E3 map leaves place for much more battlescenarios like Korean war, Leticia Incident and so on.

Have you edited the province definition files for these provinces? (IE have you defined which provinces were mountain, urban, plains, desert, added resources and so on?) If you did it i suggest you to contact mumia he could use your help, and all our help too, in order to complete the map.

BTW, congrats it's a great BS.

Yes, surprisingly.

The E3 map is great. I haven't changed the terrain (I haven't figured out how). Good idea,, I may contact them to offer some help.

----

This war lack proper documentation (most of the events and numbers vary depending on the source being Ecuadorian or Peruvian). I'm currently trying to contact some military "experts" from both nations. I will upload a new and improved version after getting some answers from them :)

It is not so famous (mainly because compared to the war in Europe, it was just a small conflict).

Yes, surprisingly.

The E3 map is great. I haven't changed the terrain (I haven't figured out how). Good idea,, I may contact them to offer some help.

----

This war lack proper documentation (most of the events and numbers vary depending on the source being Ecuadorian or Peruvian). I'm currently trying to contact some military "experts" from both nations. I will upload a new and improved version after getting some answers from them :)

I see that you're lacking info on air forces for both sides. As i speak spanish i could get you some info about them, i could even code an oob.

I see that you're lacking info on air forces for both sides. As i speak spanish i could get you some info about them, i could even code an oob.

It would be a great help. :)

Any help is highly appreciated :D

The sky is the limit with your amazing map mod :) There is a lot of potential. Please never give up on that project :happy:

It would be a great help. :)

Any help is highly appreciated :D

The sky is the limit with your amazing map mod :) There is a lot of potential. Please never give up on that project :happy:

Here you have, something to start with:

Add this to Peru.inc:

Code:
	airunit = {
		id = { type = 17600 id = 36 }
		name = "Agrupamiento Norte"
		location = 2049 #Chiclayo
		base = 2049
		leader = 185031 #Ureta Montehermoso
			division = {
				id = { type = 17600 id = 37 }
				name = "11 Escuadrón de Bombardeo"
				type = tactical_bomber
				model = 6 #Caproni Ca.135 + Caproni Ca.310
				strength = 9
				max_strength = 9
				}
			division = {
				id = { type = 17600 id = 39 }
				name = "105 Escuadrilla de Transporte"
				type = transport_plane
				model = 1 #Caproni Ca.111
				strength = 4
				max_strength = 4
				}
	}
	airunit = {
		id = { type = 17600 id = 40 }
		name = "Agrupamiento Norte"
		location = 3825
		base = 3825
			division = {
				id = { type = 17600 id = 38 }
				name = "21 Escuadrón de Caza"
				type = interceptor
				model = 9 #6 Caproni Ca.114 + 7 North American NA-50 'Torito'
				strength = 13
				max_strength = 13
				}
	}

and this to installations.inc

Code:
province = 
{ id = 2049
	anti_air = 1
	air_base = { size = 2 current_size = 2 }
	} #Chiclayo

Everything according to this webpage (in spanish only)

http://www.oocities.org/es/conflictoperuecuador1941/fap-1941.html

Last edited:
Just a little update: I'm currently working on an improved version (might take a while).

Anybody by any chance know how I could make a song play depending on which country you play? :)

Anybody by any chance know how I could make a song play depending on which country you play? :)

I don't, but I know someone who does. In his Tripartite Pack for AoD Titan79 has set up separate sound files for each of the major powers - and I mean comprehensive sound files not just music. If you drop in on his thread at AoD (or even pm him) I'm sure he wouldn't mind helping out.

I don't, but I know someone who does. In his Tripartite Pack for AoD Titan79 has set up separate sound files for each of the major powers - and I mean comprehensive sound files not just music. If you drop in on his thread at AoD (or even pm him) I'm sure he wouldn't mind helping out.

I'll ask him :D

Could you please upload somewhere else than mediafire? It doesn't work for me...