• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Petravitch

Sergeant
77 Badges
Mar 6, 2001
Visit site
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines
I have Vic 2, and the expansion. just bought HOD on amazon. Went to Steam, and it says I must have the prior version activated to download. I have been playing VIC 2 and the expansion pretty much since it came out. Did I just blow my money buying it on Amazon?

where did you buy V2 and AHD from? If it wasn't from steam... the steam key from Amazon will not help you.

As for the activation here, let's not use that code yet if you need to get a refund ;)

I had the same registration thing if you manage to get it up: the activation code and CD key are different. The CD key is found by right clicking on the game under the steam menu and clicking "view CD key." Like said above though, don't bother if it's not gonna work *possibly too late for me*

If you have Non-Steam Victoria 2 and A House Divided, but just purchased a Steam version of Heart of Darkness then you did indeed waste your money. Steam requires that you have the Steam version of Victoria 2 and A House Divided. If you have already redeemed your Steam game code for Heart of Darkness you will likely have to purchase Victoria 2 and A House Divided on Steam. :eek:

If you are trying to register your game using a Steam key, you are probably doing it wrong. No Steam key works as a "CD-key" for game registration purposes here on this site that I can remember from the ones I have registered. You have to use the Steam key to get Steam to recognize you have purchased the game from an external retailer. You then have to go into Steam and look at the CD-key associated with that title and copy that to this forum to register the game.

Last edited: