• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
Hello!

So Heart of Darkness is now available to play and here is some useful information for you all! (link to pre-order thread)

- The correct checksum for GG and steam version is SPRK and version number is 3.01. If your copy does not display this info, please reinstall the game. Verify game cache, Delete local cache and you may have to remove mods you are currently running.
- If you installed the Steam version of HoD and the game won't start. Verify game cache to ensure you downloaded the expansion properly.
- There are two versions of Victoria 2, Steam and Other retailers (including physical copies).
- Amazon (and possibly other retailers) is currently selling the "Other" version of Victoria 2 and A House Divided while distributing the Steam version of Heart of Darkness. If you received the wrong version of HoD compared to your base game. Please contact the retailer where you purchased HoD, ask for a refund and get the appropriate version elsewhere.
- Purchases directly from Steam will become active later tonight (aprox 7pm CET).
- Steam and Paradox Webshop sell the Steam version of HoD, Gamersgate sells the "Other" version. Check with other retailers which specific key they are selling before purchasing.
- To register on the forums you need the CD key which is displayed through your retailer. Do not confuse with the Steam code which is not the same thing.
- There is currently no Mac-version of Victoria 2 (and therefore not for HoD either). If a Mac version is released, we will announce this at a later time.

For technical assistance, bug reports etc. Please use the appropriate subforums!

Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness announcement (link)

What's the reason for not having the ability to pre-order on Steam? I have a gift card that I intended to use for this purchase. I am not complaining. Just asking.

What's the reason for not having the ability to pre-order on Steam? I have a gift card that I intended to use for this purchase. I am not complaining. Just asking.

That would be the decision of our sales department. I do not know the exact reasoning behind this, but can only say there is none (as you already knew). I will see if I can get an explanation why it is this way.

Hi there,
same issue as some people I have read in other posts (HoD startup crash), I have Vicky II, AHD and HoD off gamersgate and HoD won't work. I tried deleting the cache (it didnt work) and uninstalled/reinstalled twice now, that won't do anything I still get "v2game.exe has stopped working" after everything seems to be loaded up.

AHD works fine when installed on top of Vicky2 , only HoD seems to be messing up.

Any idea/suggestion ? (except cache and reinstall obviously)

While you're talking to the sales guys, ask them why it's never been in the "Coming Soon" list on Steam, or being advertised as a new release at all.

I swear, sometimes it's like Paradox doesn't want money.

So, I'm still confused with the "other" version ordeal...I bought V2 and AHD and all the sprite packs off of the Gamestop Online Store named "Impulse"...how would I buy HoD if Impulse doesn't even have it on there?

Is there any chance of a Victoria 2 sale when HoD launches on steam?

I've been waiting with picking up vicky 2 until it comes on sale :(

I would have purchased it if I could prepurchase HoD on steam but that didn't happen :\

So, I'm still confused with the "other" version ordeal...I bought V2 and AHD and all the sprite packs off of the Gamestop Online Store named "Impulse"...how would I buy HoD if Impulse doesn't even have it on there?
I'm kinda wondering the same things, bought it off Impulse back in the day too, but GameStop is no longer mentioned.

Essentailly the deal is as follows:
The steam version will only work with steam. If you bought Vic 2/AHD on steam, you need the steam HoD. Likewise, the steam HoD will only work with theVic 2/AHD from steam.

The Gamersgate will work with Vic 2 from Gamersgate, the physical boxed version and from other non-steam versions.

If you're uncertain which version you have, ask yourself the following questions:
1) Is steam on your PC? If not, you probably don't have the steam version.
2) If steam is on your PC, is Victoria 2 in your steam library, and is this the version you're using?

Is there a changelog?

There's a big manual already released (There's a thread about it here if you search :))

Damn, my checksum is not the one stated in the first post¡

If you're on Steam simply "Verify Integrity of game cache" in the game properties. If not... err... I actually don't know the other distributors well enough to answer that. :)

I'm confused. I own a Mac version of Victoria II. Am I missing something?

I think Bjorn is a bit confused - There are currently no plans for a HOD port (Paradox weren't in charge of the previous ports of Vicky 2 - so it isn't a surefire thing right now)

Is there any chance of a Victoria 2 sale when HoD launches on steam?

I've been waiting with picking up vicky 2 until it comes on sale :(

I would have purchased it if I could prepurchase HoD on steam but that didn't happen :\

Viccky2 is currently -75% off at Paradox WebStore. That's a steam version of the game.

I don't know whether this question is appropriate but I'm very curious to know, whether you will attach original classical music pieces in games like Victoria, as you did e.g. in Victoria I or HOI I. (Maybe as DLC?)
Thanks in advance