So Heart of Darkness is now available to play and here is some useful information for you all! (link to pre-order thread)
- The correct checksum for GG and steam version is SPRK and version number is 3.01. If your copy does not display this info, please reinstall the game. Verify game cache, Delete local cache and you may have to remove mods you are currently running.
- If you installed the Steam version of HoD and the game won't start. Verify game cache to ensure you downloaded the expansion properly.
- There are two versions of Victoria 2, Steam and Other retailers (including physical copies).
- Amazon (and possibly other retailers) is currently selling the "Other" version of Victoria 2 and A House Divided while distributing the Steam version of Heart of Darkness. If you received the wrong version of HoD compared to your base game. Please contact the retailer where you purchased HoD, ask for a refund and get the appropriate version elsewhere.
- Purchases directly from Steam will become active later tonight (aprox 7pm CET).
- Steam and Paradox Webshop sell the Steam version of HoD, Gamersgate sells the "Other" version. Check with other retailers which specific key they are selling before purchasing.
- To register on the forums you need the CD key which is displayed through your retailer. Do not confuse with the Steam code which is not the same thing.
- There is currently no Mac-version of Victoria 2 (and therefore not for HoD either). If a Mac version is released, we will announce this at a later time.
For technical assistance, bug reports etc. Please use the appropriate subforums!
Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness announcement (link)