• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

podcat

Game Director <unannounced>
Paradox Staff
12 Badges
Jul 23, 2007
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Paradox Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
This is probably a dumb question but to take advantage of House Divided or now HOD do we have to start at a specific year or can we just start at the earliest point the game allows us?

Cheers podcat.

fonz1.jpg

Ermagherd RTFM!

Darn it, I can only display page 1. After that I get an error.

This is probably a dumb question but to take advantage of House Divided or now HOD do we have to start at a specific year or can we just start at the earliest point the game allows us?

You can use the early start just fine - all that changes is the date and advances throughout the world in the meantime (tech, landgrabbing et cetera)

And in the case of the American Civil War of course the war hasn't begun in the early start - but it will happen eventually. You can't avoid it.

Last edited:
Nice, although it's pretty much all stuff we've heard before if you've read the Dev diaries. This tidbit is something I hadn't seen before though:
There is now a population-based penalty on diplomatically influencing nations, this results in it being impossible to add extremely large nations, like China or India, to your sphere of influence.
I wonder if that's proportional to your population, or just a simple scale, and how much that'll affect the nations smaller than China or India.