• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kesson

Sergeant
2 Badges
Feb 21, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
I have attacked several armies of Sweden with gobs of men. 12K to 5K for example. And two things pop up about "evade" and then 12K DISAPPEAR.
Literally, they are nowhere to be found. Am I missing something important here? This has happened TWICE so far.

Nope. Its my army that disappears, not his.
I don't understand it at all.
Mine dissipates into nothingness.

Also, is it normal for your troops to disappear when a peace treaty is signed if they are in an enemy province?

You should register your game and then you will have access to the tech support and bug sub-forums. There were some retreat bugs in the previous build but the most recent patch fixed them. If you think its a bug I would post in the bug sub forum and include a savegame from before the time the bug occurs.

Nope. Its my army that disappears, not his.
I don't understand it at all.
Mine dissipates into nothingness.

Also, is it normal for your troops to disappear when a peace treaty is signed if they are in an enemy province?

This could be a bug so suggest you do as the others have said... register your game, make a short report in the bug forum and upload your savegame file.

I know for sure that if you sign a peace treaty and your forces are still in the enemy territory (they almost always are) you troops will not disappear and you will just receive a pop-up, stating that your troops are in the enemy territory.