• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Blais

First Lieutenant
12 Badges
Oct 1, 2011
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines
CiM 2 Translation Central

Looks like translating Cities in Motion 2 into other languages won't be a big problem, from a technical point of view that is, the recent French translation is a fine example.

We got a sub-forum ready over at CiMX for keeping track of all translations and for easier communication between translators - come take a look and post if you plan to translate CiM 2 into your language (to avoid duplicates) and if you are looking for co-workers.

FINISHED
[PT] Brazilian Portuguese - 100% - Diego Bastos
[CZ] Czech Patch - 100% - Jazzoid
[FR] French - 100% - Arthebas
[HU] Hungarian - 100% - pulse96
[IT] Italian - 100% - Rz3zN1k
[RU] Russian - 100% - Alex, Dimentor, Alex365497697, Corupt

IN WORKS
[CA] Catalan - ?? - Rlopez
[ZH] Chinese - ?? - Ryo
[NL] Dutch - 25% - Jesitim
[KA] Georgian - 15% - glosal
[KO] Korean - 5% - Noha
[SL] Slovene - 20% - Blais
[ES] Spanish - 60% - Dark Devil
[SV] Swedish - 65% - Gurra09
[TR] Turkish - 55% - Kardanadam6

HOW TO TRANSLATE
Simply navigate to /Steam/Steamapps/common/Cities in Motion 2/CIM2_Data/Data/Locale and take a look at the xml files (you can open those in any text editor).
Or check out Holmexx's little program CiM2Translator.

Last edited:
I'm working on Georgian translation, but have encountered a problem... The strings in the xml file are perfectly readable, but in the game itself all the translated strings are just empty... It feels like the game doesn't support UTF-8.

Ideas?

Edit: See the screenshot

2013-04-16_00001.jpg

Last edited:
Added Korean to the list.

So now there's two languages that use a "special" alphabet and we are not even sure if the game supports those. Anyone know anything about this? Devs?

Added Korean to the list.

So now there's two languages that use a "special" alphabet and we are not even sure if the game supports those. Anyone know anything about this? Devs?

As I was responded from CO representative, the font used by game doesn't support "special" characters. One solution would be to just add these characters to the font and install it in system, which is easily done with font editor. I can do it, but I need to know which font to edit... Any ideas?

Helle everyone, just started working on the Italian translation, it will takes some days to complete and test it.
At the moment if you'd like to list it it could be just a 1% progress :D

ps: do i have to report also in the cimx forum???

I have taken over the work on the Dutch translation.
Unfortunately, i didn't have access to the already translated files :(
Might take another go at it tonight.