CO - Can we expect modding tools for vehicles and buildings ?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I heard 'a few weeks' for the release of the modding tools.

The modding tools you referred was only a tool to modify some general game parameters like traffic density, vehicle speed and things like that. At least this was what I understood.
Tools to construct buildings/vehicles or modify existing ones I haven't heard so far.

A clear word to this question from CO would be nice :)

The modding tools you referred was only a tool to modify some general game parameters like traffic density, vehicle speed and things like that. At least this was what I understood.
Tools to construct buildings/vehicles or modify existing ones I haven't heard so far.

A clear word to this question from CO would be nice :)
Bump for info.

I'm also interested in this?

I guess the buildings and vehicles meshes are in the .assets files. Do CiM modders make their own 3rd party tools at all?
.gs extractors where written for CIM1, but i think CIM2 might be harder to mod due to multiplayer.
Every version will have all content in it, just locked for those who don't own the dlc, as you have to see other players' vehicles...

Any answer from a developer?

We're working on a scenario editor to complement the map editor already in the game. Unfortunately we are not developing a tool to import your own assets, but there will be a way to tweak values, like vehicle capacities etc.

You can expect more info in a couple of weeks!

We're working on a scenario editor to complement the map editor already in the game. Unfortunately we are not developing a tool to import your own assets, but there will be a way to tweak values, like vehicle capacities etc.

You can expect more info in a couple of weeks!
Are we allowed to write our own interface to create vehicles and buildings to plug into CIM2?

Are we allowed to write our own interface to create vehicles and buildings to plug into CIM2?

Yeah - would be fantastic. Currently I miss a lot of the cool vehicles and buildings from the community that made CIM1 so worth to play. At the moment the buildings look way to much like US cities. Also all the realistic vehicles for european traffic systems are missing. No Tatras, no Merceds Busses, no MAN's, .... - this takes away a lot of the charm of the first part even the second is way better and much more flexible.

Last edited: