• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Tourist and sports fans await to board a route 9 service towards the hospital, calling at the train station and the central bus station.
Looks good, it remembers me a part of the Budapest map in CiM1!

Now some funny things, CAR CRASHES:
CIM2 2013-04-17 00-15-30-30.jpg CIM2 2013-04-15 21-53-32-02.jpg CIM2 2013-04-15 21-43-35-28.jpg CIM2 2013-04-14 19-32-07-97.jpg

and a beautiful bridge:

Since I like big cities and there are none of them in CiM 2, I decided to do something about it.
Well, the cities in CiM2 are big, but they aren't as big as they could be.:)

My vision here is to cover the whole map with a city, but still have some parks and other green areas. I will also try my best for good variety for more pleasant transportation planning and building. I'm also curious on how the performance will be on a big city like this.
It's going to take a while though. Not only b/c it takes time to build, but I tend to quickly loose my inspiration on building(maybe posting here will do something about this).

In this pic I'm building squared blocks for downtown area. I use the grid(underground view) as a reference for straight streets, It's not 100%, but I'm satisfied with it. Btw, kudos to the builder of Central City. I have no idea on how you got the streets as straight as you did considering the grid isn't aligned.
wgZDU8d.jpg

Great idea, Jettuh, and maybe this is how CO envisaged depots to be used. The benefit is not having to purchase umpteen depots for numerous lines.

Here's my bash at a tram terminal - I decided to place the depot nearby just to get use to the idea: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/540706343841951478/A70785821BCC66D4996C2F7DE684EF53E7CA8528/

This was my 1st design. I have done another but something went screwy when trying to bulldoze a road - the road kinda remained even though it was deleted, and I had to build over it. Sound like another bug but the 2nd terminal isn't has attractive at the one posted above.

This is a bad configuration: the trams can get screwed at the T junctions and I advise you to bulldoze the unnecessary intersections for traffic fluidity.

On the contrary, I've had two of these 'terminals' running all day. The screenshot I posted has been fine all day, but admittedly, the second one did become overrun, so I redesigned it, and it's now running fine - the main issue was I couldn't completely bulldoze a road due to the bug I described above. But I've also found it is where you place your stops so not to overlap with other lines. Solve that problem and the terminal design works great.

On the contrary, I've had two of these 'terminals' running all day. The screenshot I posted has been fine all day, but admittedly, the second one did become overrun, so I redesigned it, and it's now running fine - the main issue was I couldn't completely bulldoze a road due to the bug I described above. But I've also found it is where you place your stops so not to overlap with other lines. Solve that problem and the terminal design works great.

I said this to you because I have seen a screenshot where a such configuration caused a huge tram gridlock, the guy assigned to much trams to the depot and they were not fitting in.

Last edited:
Screenshot_2013-04-19_23-25-42_small.pngScreenshot_2013-04-19_23-29-35_small.png

Well i found a small... glitch... As ou can see if you build a new road, ANY ROAD, the default buildings that will appear will beeeee.... Schooooools ( and high schools included ). CO... is this a hidden message :p, we gotta go to school more often and leave the game for laters no ? :p

P.s. how many schools can you count on the long road built :p

I was said this to you because I have seen a screenshot where a such configuration caused a huge tram gridlock, the guy assigned to much trams to the depot and they were not fitting in.

I absolutely understand you, and you certainly can't overload a cramped terminus like the one I posted. Anything less than a 30min interval, and your vehicles do back up, but I've found that can occur in any case simply due to weight of numbers.

I think a central terminal idea is worth playing around with, maybe having the depot further way from the central area in order to create some space. And it would be aesthetically better if you could place trees and green pastures where you've removed buildings and roads to create a terminal setting. Which is why I was pleased I chose the green areas for the screenshot I posted earlier.