• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

GE90-115B

Captain
5 Badges
Feb 28, 2011
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
Hi guys and girls.
I hope we here can share videos and pictures from ours networks in CiM 2.
Even though the devs are busy atm fixing and patching, I hope some of you also have fun with the game.

Well, I wanted to share a video from a busy network I made in Central City. There are some things to adjust here there in the networks, but it works fairly well.
[video=youtube;6o3BTF_zh2g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o3BTF_zh2g[/video]

Great scenes! How you've made so much money in such quick time to build that kinda system is incredible, either that, or I'm just too slow in my building lines! The game clock moves so slowly, I can't muster enough income to build my first successful metro! :confused:

the first screenshot i've done of CIM2...

The problems with building a depot too close to another and too close to a junction

3xfJBm4.jpg

yeah, they all jammed up, not moving.

the first screenshot i've done of CIM2...

The problems with building a depot too close to another and too close to a junction

yeah, they all jammed up, not moving.
If you use a 1 (bus)lane avenue instead of the normal bus road, you should almost double the capacity of the road. Also have a minimum of one tram length between the road and the depot so the trams can fit and you should be able to push two trams in a row on one green signal.

Thanks, douglasrac

I'm quite pleased on how these bridges turned out.

I started a new sandbox in Central City yesterday. I'm now gonna pay more attention to my Metro network and build more stations and more connection points, so hopefully I'm not going to struggle with overcrowding.
This is my least used route, which still are using XT30's.
r5ZWTKe.jpg

Need to up to max frequency here soon, though.
hg4Aq8c.jpg

Nice for the passengers to have something else than just concrete walls to look at. I also think the bridges gives the city more soul.
r5ZWTKe.jpg

My first and the most busiest line so far. The only connection between the two main Island in Central City. It's huge demand for another connection, but I'm still not sure where I'm going to lay down that new line.
I liked how this layout turned out. The opposite train is visible inside the tunnel while it's on the station.
aXe7H3b.jpg

One of the Two connection points so far in the system.
2pX2HpV.jpg

A funny guy got lost in my BRT tunnel.

That poor trolleybus just dropped 50 workers in an industrial district - phew! Notice how the catenary is done here.

Well that's obviously not the safest way to wait for a tram.

Nice view we have from here.

I made a loop for my tram, and suddenly I noticed these buildings standing here. A high school, 3 night clubs :)D), another building that I forgot what it was, and 3 houses.

I don't know why, but after playing some CiM2, I want Test Drive Unlimited servers back online. Come on Atari! :(

Underground Tram Station

In my Central City I had a major interchange (called City Centre) with 4 busy trams lines converging on one subway station.

Originally, all four tram lines shared a small loop - but as the lines got busier and the trams got longer, this let to delays in service. The original solution was to build new tram lines in the road and have the trams circle the block, a distribute the trams to two stops, with the busiest line having a dedicated stop. The old tram loop was converted to public walkways and the tram lines removed. Even with double tram tracks, peak hours saw a lot of congestion and delays. The city decided the only solution was to build an underground tram terminus. This included a new tram subway from a portal just west that would serve the two lines entering from the west. New passenger walkways to connect them to the surface and subway. Two of the tram lines serve the subway stops while the other two remain on the surface.

In this picture you can see the pedestrian entrance to the underground tram loops. Also can see non-revenue track disconnected on the road at the bottom of the picture - a remnant of the old loop. The second westbound track is used by Line 201 to bypass the stop for the 203 seen to the left. And the southbound centre track is used by the 203; the northbound track is no longer used.
http://flic.kr/p/e9uvRd

And this is the underground view. I used bus lanes with tram tracks and sidewalks for the station, bus lanes without for some of the tunnel and metro track for most of the tunnelled section. You can see how the pedestrian walkway connects to the tram stations.
http://flic.kr/p/e9oQ2a

Here is the west portal for the underground tram line. The street sections of tram track is no longer in revenue service as all trams are now diverted to the tunnel; however, it is kept in place for stock movement and can be used when the tunnel is closed for maintenance or other reasons.

As way of DLC or mod, I'd love to see some smaller pedestrian walkways if the engine can handle them, such as stairs, escalators and elevators. Also love to be able to connect the metro using walkways etc. And it would be great if we could locate the station entrance to where we want it, not just automatic and maybe have multiple station entrances.

http://flic.kr/p/e9uGTh

Nice and interesting post. I like your underground bus station. I very much agree on your wish for DLC.

My new project in Central city works as intended. I see less overcrowding and less delays and a higher reputation. But I don't get as high net profit as last time and I do miss out on those nice huge crowds. But my passengers are more happy.

Since I haven't used the quadruple track before, I decided to test it out where my ring line is running parallel to another metro line.

Map
g2m8i7L.jpg

I did this mainly for the looks of it and to learn how to use it. Train races is prettu cool.
I do regret it a little bit, since I needed to exclude one station at the ring line, but the other line has high enough capacity to handle the extra passengers.
PiiN93j.jpg

Pretty cool with trains passing other stations
S0B6UyI.jpg

Turned out nice I think
RN8kioC.jpg

I've been playing this game for a while now and have to say that I love it!
Don't know if that can be called an easter egg, but I really like the window reflections... :happy:
Either way, my congratulations go to you guys from Colossal Order for producing such a great game!

cfe7e7584551065d7b9d0a70a2effed8.jpg

2079113a937dee7e94c1cf220b0c0001.jpg

Cool looking systems you have built!

I've been playing this game for a while now and have to say that I love it!
Don't know if that can be called an easter egg, but I really like the window reflections... :happy:
Either way, my congratulations go to you guys from Colossal Order for producing such a great game!

Thanks! It's great to see you having fun with Cities in Motion 2 :D