• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm sorry that I haven't been able to make a video sooner as promised. I have had a lot of things going on the last month +.

I made a video from a system I made in North City.
It Gotten a bit long towards the end bc I replaced some streets and did some other tweaks. Time flies when you're doing those things.
Anyways, be sure to check out the path for the monorail after 9:45 and the busy bus hub that are just following. Also the extremely popular bus line 4 and 9.
[video=youtube;9BIuuU1h7Jg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BIuuU1h7Jg[/video]
I have completed a map of Central city with a bigger monorail network. I'm going to make a video of that later.

I'm sorry that I haven't been able to make a video sooner as promised. I have had a lot of things going on the last month +.

The articulated buses are my favourite buses as well, i like the overall look of them. I prefer the trolleys though, but that is just because of my personal taste.
Nice video with creative monorail systems. I like the way as you created the lines.
A bit different: some articulated buses would be great in additional to the game, i'm feeling a huge lack of those at the moment.

Some of my terminals in Central City.

Central underground bus terminal with tram and metro
6018E7630A98713F51383A347676259E255A6148

76B7A00DD1A8668D1DBB0422600EFA5780394C66

A small bus/tram/metro terminal
64CC3B6867F218DD213E3B163272C252602F7ACF

Another undeground bus terminal with tram and metro:
254DBCDD33F504EDF9E7C67CF3E68AD1122E767D

In all of my terminals, returning buses don't stop inside the terminal.

I like playing with junctions. A lot! As much of my time is spent trying to sort out traffic bottlenecks as developing transport systems. Here is one of my particularly big junctions sometime after rush hour on a Thursday evening:

ItsBusyOutThere_zps4b3bd7c7.png

The roads going towards the top left include a single carriageway standard road which was bypassed by an expressway when it started jamming up. The expressway in turn became increasingly jammed, so I built another set of express lanes US-style to bypass the local expressway. Towards the top right, a five lane expressway heads towards the bottom of the map. The expressway running from left to right is the main ring road for the large city area and tends to suffer a lot of congestion as you can see (it is still only two lanes each way though and needs upgrading!) The bottom of the picture shows all the roads converging on the main entrance to the city from the south. Of course, there's also a monorail line coming in from the top.

Another junction, this time sliced by a monorail line:

IjustWantToGetHome_zps83bd3c56.png

I like to take an organic approach to my cities; starting off with a few urban areas scattered around and join them up with small roads. Over time I upgrade roads to ease congestion. In the shot above you can see the original road which started as a two lane normal road. I upgraded to two lanes each way and then eventually built an expressway as a bypass around the crossroads which are just off the bottom and the top of the picture. The one way roads came in to ease queues of vehicles exiting the expressway at these points. I really enjoy growing the city in this way!

The screenshot below was originally a village at a junction in the old road:

OldVillage_zps13c1e3b5.jpg

The original junction was just where the 1 slightly unhappy person is waiting. I gradually widened the road in the village to accommodate the queues that never eased even overnight. Eventually the village was bypassed by the expressway to the right (which itself has been upgraded in width) leaving an almost ghostly feel to the original crossroads. Incidentally, there is a queue visible on the expressway caused by the random stopping car bug; it's making it hard to play the city now!

Transportation hub

Hello guys!

I would like to show my new transportation hub, which includes 4 bus lines and 2 trolley lines.
It can handle 52 vehicles at any time, without any major slowdown or traffic jam.
It has multilane entrance and exit in order to support the traffic flow.
I really like loop lines. The game is handling loops in a wanky way, so these are fake loops (different first and last stops).

First of all, a quick overview of the hub. These were mostly plain places, so i didn't have to bulldoze buildings (only about 2-3 buildings were destroyed)
I placed an attraction to bring more people. Citizens can approch it with cars, but only from the other side of the baseball stadion in order to keep clear the roads inside the hub.
There is an underground garage (one-way road with two sided parking lanes) as well, with a bus stop.

Small tricks like these can solve so many problems. Two turning lane, one for the bus which is heading to the depot, one for the trolley which is going to leave the hub.

Another small thing: separate approch lanes for different depots. It can help to avoid turning problems.

And finally some life inside the hub. Ikarus 280 buses and Ikarus 435 trolley buses (at leat i'm using them as those) are on their way. Mercedes Capacity buses are waiting to join the party (behind the hub)...

Last edited: