• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Basileios II

Count of Averland
50 Badges
Sep 18, 2001
Visit site
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • For The Glory
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • War of the Roses
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
Well, after almost three months of conversion I can finally present a workable verion of Aberration 4 Kasperus 2.0. It is most likely not a perfect release (see known bugs) but I guess other players maybe able to spot further bugs and oversights.

The mod features the world of Aberration, which takes place in an alternate universe if things had gone a bit different. The normal Great Powers you encounter in the vanilla Eu2 haven´t had the same luck as in normal history. Also all medium and major powers have leaders, events for the whole timeline of 1419-1819. Also, colonial events are much more flexible. There is no Treaty of Tordesillas, no "historical" expansion for powers in Europe or the rest of the World - you shape history yourself. This Scenario is designed for Single Player as well as for Multiplayer purposes.

s32feh5c.png

Comments and additions are welcome!

Version 2.3
https://www.amazon.de/clouddrive/share?s=J6EBnFddRzAqvAPDx8Kj0I

Just extract the file into your mod-directory and enjoy.

Last edited:
Fixed in next release

Known bugs:

- Many shields are still in EGUFSM style
- Many nations are lacking monarchs as I just could't find their rulers.

Last edited:
Great job!

- Savoyard uniforms revert to lvl 1 once you rech "normal" lvl 3 sprites. How to fix this?
This happens because Savoy uses DAN sprites of which there are no vanilla equivalents which only go up to level 2 in the mod. You need to copy some L3 and L4 sprites (from MIN for example) and rename them to DAN.

Great Work! Thanks to Basileios for his conversation and Kasperus for his stunning map.

I am already playing it and will report any bugs i can find.

Edit:

Bugs found so far:

1. Looks like in two Arpitan Provinces something ist wrong with the Ariptan culture.

2. Conficianism and Hindi have noch description when i put my mouse over a province.

3. The two cultures north of the mongols, the blue and green one dont have a name.

4. Dont know if thats a mistake but is it right that the Byzantines and the other orthodox balkan cultures have arabic looking cities?

5. The ship position in the ionan sea is very funny

Last edited:
1. Looks like in two Arpitan Provinces something ist wrong with the Ariptan culture.
What do you mean? I can spot no errors there on first glace. Well, apart from question marks in the province names.:laugh:

2. Conficianism and Hindi have noch description when i put my mouse over a province.
Another oversight that happened when FtG changed religion's names.

3. The two cultures north of the mongols, the blue and green one dont have a name.
I'll look into it. As I haven'tchanged anything in that region it was most likely already present in Kasperus' original files.

4. Dont know if thats a mistake but is it right that the Byzantines and the other orthodox balkan cultures have arabic looking cities?
That's Yodamaster's Byzantine city set, so it's WAD.

Last edited:
What do you mean? I can spot no errors there on first glace. Well, apart from question marks in the province names.:laugh:
Another oversight taht happened when FtG changed religion's names.
I'll look into oit. As I haven'tchanged anything in that region it was most likely already present in Kasperus' original files.
That's Yodamaster's Byzantine city set, so it's WAD.

Yep it was the province names sorry

Something else, when you click on a capital you can see in the left corner "Euroriver"

Edit: Works now, looks like i clicked before on a river.

Last edited:
Download doesn't work for me, my comp won't extract it, could be my comp though, it's kinda old...

EDIT: I downloaded it three times each time the file was a different size so it's my computer not downloading it. Anyway problems at my end...

By the way looks a very interesting mod.

I have sometimes permanent crashes after around 1490 too. But with loading and save, loading and save you can still play on.

I wasnt able to figure out why sometimes there are these crashes, any ideas?

Loading and saving does not work

Sad to hear that, worked for me, but still its very annoying every few years the same crash. I am around 1550 the game is running very stable except these crashes every few years.

I dont think the events are the problem its something else.

Sad to hear that, worked for me, but still its very annoying every few years the same crash. I am around 1550 the game is running very stable except these crashes every few years.

I dont think the events are the problem its something else.

How do you think what problem could be?

Any methods are useless (change country, change name, save and load another save before 7 feb)

Last edited:
Strange. I used to get an event-related crash around 1432, which I hopefully eliminated. That one was caused by the Treaty of Vienna event (I thinnk) in the epo_hus.txt. Apart from that crash I was able to play a 400 years Genoan game without a single CtD. Jamie's validator also gave me no error messages.

Sure... hope you can help me) thx you
View attachment 77709

Sorry i am getting the same ctd... :(

Strange. I used to get an event-related crash around 1432, which I hopefully eliminated. That one was caused by the Treaty of Vienna event (I thinnk) in the epo_hus.txt. Apart from that crash I was able to play a 400 years Genoan game without a single CtD. Jamie's validator also gave me no error messages.

At the moment i am trying another game to test if i get the same constantly coming crashes after 1500.

I played my second test game a teutonic order until 1480 and now i am getting again a ctd like in my first byzantine game.

Looks like we have a real problem after a specific date, but how to find the problem? Is there any log file or something else?

I noticed that the city of Ceuta is Catholic, is that intentional?
An oversight from Kasperus' scenario. Bur I really don't know why Ceuta should start Catholic in vanilla. Corrected.

Edit: I also forgot to add the vanilla_chi.txt to the event file.:confused:

Last edited:
First impressions:

Some areas become too „crowded” with navy position, city, port, COT etc. overlapping (Byzantion).
Positions seem chaotic in some places (Ionian Sea and Adriatic Sea navy positions are on land), and also a lot of ports are on top of cities.
Having annexed Kaffa (Goldern Horde government collapsed) I see there is no border shown between us (the red line).
The map looks great, of course, even though Greece seems a bit too big, and the rivers run through provinces (river crossing penalty?). I see certain borders on rivers are not shown with the red line (on the Danube for example). Is this on purpose?
Had first persistent CTD in 1481.