• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This wiki is just super amazing! Thanks to all who have made it so thorough, clear and detailed and to those who continue to contribute. Wish I had the knowledge to make some substantial contribution.
Even small contributions help a lot :)

The coolest thing is if there could be some sort of hyperlink in-game (sort of like the Civilopedia)! But that is probably untenable I'd guess.
Well, Paradox did manage to do Wikipedia links for historical characters in CKII, so it's not exactly impossible to do.

Okee doke. I registered and made some very slight edits to the "Take Control of Guilds" section in the France page. The phrasing seemed a bit confusing to me so I just changed it to say essentially exactly what it says in game.

Winners for the contest will be drawn in 2 hours, so now's the last chance to enter! More info here.
The winners have now been drawn:

• DeciusR, who earned 5 tickets, won Conquest of Paradise
  • Medibee, who earned 1 ticket, won Europa Universalis IV
  • Hunter, who earned 3 tickets, won Crusader Kings II

Hi, I would like to ask you a question about Europa Universalis 4. I didn't know where to post it, so I chose this thread. I know my question it's not important, but I am a big fan of military sprites and I am curious about something. I have seen trailers of the game and it shows 3 different types of sprites: Pikesmen, Riflemen and cavalry.
However, when I look at people's campaigns on youtube, your army is always represented by a spikesman. I was wondering when is your army represented by a rifleman and a cavalry unit? Is it when the majority of your army is riflemen and cavalry respectively?
Thanks

It is enabled, and I had to dig deep into the config files to figure that out, since you can't directly turn it off in Firefox 25. I have also been able to edit pages earlier using said cat pictures for validation.
Try now. Hit CTRL+F5 if it doesn't show up.
It looks like the asynchronous script loading we're using prevents it from working.

Basically, make a link to a page that doesn't exist yet, then click on it.

How do you create a new article? I would like to make a guide for the Oirat Horde!
Do you have the content to justify a separate page for that country? It is already on the "steppe hordes" page. If you've only got a bit of info to add, just add that to the notes section.
If you've got a full strategy or something like that though, click this link: http://www.eu4wiki.com/index.php?title=Oirat_Horde&redirect=no
Then hit edit and add what you want to add. Make sure you then add a note on the steppe horde page saying "More info at [[Oirat Horde]]".

Hey Meneth, I guess you can take me off the moderator list for EU3. I just don't have the time anymore.
Knocked you down to half-op instead. That way you can still delete pages and edit (non-cascading) protected pages should you ever need to.

Is there any room still on the wiki team for editors or page writers? I have about 500 or so hours and have been teaching a lot of people how to play recently and I figured I could help the community in this way as well.

Is there any room still on the wiki team for editors or page writers? I have about 500 or so hours and have been teaching a lot of people how to play recently and I figured I could help the community in this way as well.
Literally anyone can edit the wiki. There's only a few pages where only half-ops can edit, and even fewer where only admins can edit.
So yes, if you see any issues, feel free to correct them. Please do register an account so that I can mark it as trusted so I don't have to keep patrolling your edits :)

With 1.7 and Res Publica now out, the wiki needs significant updating.
A total of 285 pages are marked as potentially outdated: http://www.eu4wiki.com/Category:Outdated
Each of them needs to be checked to see if they're up to date.
A good start would be to go through the 118 pages known to be up to date for 1.6 and see if they truly need any changes to be up to date for 1.7: http://www.eu4wiki.com/Category:1.6