• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Doing some minor editing today; for instance, added that India is changing on the map page from 77 provinces currently to 153 with Art of War. Also helped flesh out the beginner's guide a little more, as that was on the top of the things-to-do list.
Nice to have you back, Peter. Always plenty that needs to be done.

Hiya, new editor here, I just did some work on the Advisors page, and made a post here to discuss, if anyone wants.

Great wiki!

My first edit. Do I get a lollipop? :D
Sadly we're all out of lollipops. The best I can do is engrave a "Thank you" in the air.

This weekend I'll be moving all my wikis, the EU4 Wiki included, over to a new server.
I hope to do this without causing any downtime, but editing and registrations will be disabled when I start the move. They'll be enabled on the new server once everything has been carried over, so as the new IP address propagates editing and registering will once more be possible.
I will be starting the migration on Friday afternoon. I expect the process to take several hours.

The wiki move has been completed. In the case of the EU4 Wiki this should have happened with no discernible downtime.
The new server is considerably more powerful than the old, so the wiki should now be much more responsive during times of high load.

The wiki move has been completed. In the case of the EU4 Wiki this should have happened with no discernible downtime.
The new server is considerably more powerful than the old, so the wiki should now be much more responsive during times of high load.
When will we be able to edit again? I'm still not able to register or edit.

When will we be able to edit again? I'm still not able to register or edit.
If you're on Windows, try opening CMD and typing "ipconfig /flushdns".
That should ensure you're connecting to the new server, where editing and registration is enabled, rather than the old.

is it possible to change from tribal to other form of gov,witouth using the decision ?

"Policies" is broken. Clicking it gives "Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /var/www/shared/includes/WebRequest.php on line 379.
It should work now. It seems it is too large to be processed before a timeout happens, so I took out the fancy table.
I'll have to look into if there's anything I can do to reintroduce the table without the page timing out.

It should work now. It seems it is too large to be processed before a timeout happens, so I took out the fancy table.
I'll have to look into if there's anything I can do to reintroduce the table without the page timing out.
The table has been readded. Just needed to rewrite the whole page to no longer use the Icon template. All told that was used nearly 900 times on the page, each time forcing the wiki to load a rather big template (MediaWiki doesn't have proper support for lookup tables, making the Icon table pretty slow. But when used in moderation that's not really an issue).

For comparisons sake, here's the rendering time for the different versions of the page:
Original: Somewhere over 30s. Timeout
No table: 26s
No table, and icon template eliminated from the policy template (not eliminated from effects): 16.7s
Table readed without icon templates. Still icon templates in policy effects: 18.0s
Table readded. No icon template whatsoever: 6.5s (not yet implemented; still updating image links)

I couldn't find any information about Native Buildings in the Wiki, am I looking in the wrong place, or are these still not documented yet? Thanks
No one has documented it yet, I'm afraid.
Hopefully someone will add a section to the "tribal nation" article about it at some point.

I am sure it was already mentioned, but...

why is the 4 in the title no Roman IV? It drives me mad :<