• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Profiry

Corporal
Jan 29, 2008
Is it just me or does anybody else find it strange that regions like India, Persia, Africa, and Southeast Asia have 0 partisan activity when conquered when they have millions of people? Whereas in sparsely-populated places like Siberia, Greenland, Alaska, and tiny Pacific and Carribean Islands have up to 24 partisan activity when conquered.

Is it just me or does anybody else find it strange that regions like India, Persia, Africa, and Southeast Asia have 0 partisan activity when conquered when they have millions of people? Whereas in sparsely-populated places like Siberia, Greenland, Alaska, and tiny Pacific and Carribean Islands have up to 24 partisan activity when conquered.

Doesn't it depend on who's doing the conquering as well? Those regions with 0 partisan activity might feel like they were just liberated.

I'm not so sure about that...

As Germany in WWI, I've found that taking and holding vast expanses of West Africa from France has been awfully easy.

[not that I am complaining]

Whenever I finally get the hang of this game, I'd like to mod-in some realistic "Liberation Fronts"

Corsair The Noob

There are regions with hardcoded lack of partisans which imho isn't that great. It's already on our list of things to do to remove it for modders.

In some ways it makes sense, particularly in colonial areas that haven't had recent experience of resistance against the colonial power (ie, France/Britain). I agree with Pasha that many of these regions would possibly feel liberated. Historically there were a number of high profile muslims in the Middle East who were cheering a German victory. In a hypothetical Italian/German invasion they probably would greet them as liberators - at least initially. Remember the famous photograph of Ukrainian peasants giving German soldiers flowers in the early days of Barbarossa?

In some ways it makes sense, particularly in colonial areas that haven't had recent experience of resistance against the colonial power (ie, France/Britain). I agree with Pasha that many of these regions would possibly feel liberated. Historically there were a number of high profile muslims in the Middle East who were cheering a German victory. In a hypothetical Italian/German invasion they probably would greet them as liberators - at least initially. Remember the famous photograph of Ukrainian peasants giving German soldiers flowers in the early days of Barbarossa?

I guess there's not much you can do when it's hardcoded.
But if you are going to use liberation as a reason, then US shouldn't get partisan activity in France after DDay.