• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have had a proposal from a forumite to host the Victoria II Wiki and get it linked with the CK II Wiki and EU IV Wiki. We would enjoy a better hosting - free - plan with better tools and also profit from the host's know-how. I am discussing this with him and I'll get back to you :)

Hey Wiki editers ! The Wiki has moved with the CKII Wiki and EU4 Wiki.

Here is the new URL : http://victoria2wiki.com

Everything article has moved, including your user page.

Last edited:
Hey Wiki editers ! The Wiki has moved with the CKII Wiki and EU4 Wiki.

Here is the new URL : http://www.victoria2wiki.com

Everything article has moved, including your user page.
Though do note that logins did not carry over, so unless you've got an account on the CKII Wiki or the EU4 Wiki you'll have to register once more.

Though do note that logins did not carry over, so unless you've got an account on the CKII Wiki or the EU4 Wiki you'll have to register once more.

But it got universal accounts so only need to create one for all three wikis :excl: :)

Edit: The link on the EU4 wiki footer is still pointing to the old Vicky2 wiki.

But it got universal accounts so only need to create one for all three wikis :excl: :)
Yep, I set up a shared account database roughly an hour ago, and ensured all the accounts on the EU4 wiki were properly carried over.

Edit: The link on the EU4 wiki footer is still pointing to the old Vicky2 wiki.
It is pointing to victoria2wiki.com. As everything was imported from the shoutwiki, everything looks the same for the most part (though I've made some bits of the UI more compact).

It is pointing to victoria2wiki.com. As everything was imported from the shoutwiki, everything looks the same for the most part (though I've made some bits of the UI more compact).

Please, do continue tweaking templates or tweaking the UI or the Main page. I have a lot of experience for editing Wikipedia articles, but very little coding skills. :)

Please, do continue tweaking templates or tweaking the UI or the Main page. I have a lot of experience for editing Wikipedia articles, but very little coding skills. :)
The main page looks good; and a lot better than the EU4 wiki main page currently does :p

Would be nice with a proper logo on the top like the EU4 and CKII wikis have though.

Are there any posibilities to remove the spam protection when editing post for members with contributions and based on how long the user have been registered?

Are there any posibilities to remove the spam protection when editing post for members with contributions and based on how long the user have been registered?
I add people to the "autopatrol" usergroup after a few good edits. That makes them bypass the CAPTCHAs.
Edit: Added you to the usergroup.

No problem. The main point of the CAPTCHA system is to stop spambots after all, not legitimate editors.
It is in fact extremely effective at preventing spam; I don't believe the CKII Wiki has gotten a single spam edit since I implemented it.
A secondary benefit is also that the edits of anyone not in the autopatrol group are marked as "unpatrolled", so for people with the patrol privilege they're highlighted in the changelog until flagged as patrolled; this makes it a lot easier to spot vandalism by unregistered or newly registered users.

I've revised the category structure quite a bit now. Removed some redundant categories, and ensured every single page was categorized.
Now all categories are in a hierarchy below a main Wiki category. This gives a good category tree which can be seen here.

I don't know why, but on this wiki and the CK2 one as well, clicking a link will sometimes download a file instead of going to the page.

Sometimes I can click the link and it will follow fine, sometimes it just decides that every link I click will download.

This happens to me on no other website or wiki.

I don't know why, but on this wiki and the CK2 one as well, clicking a link will sometimes download a file instead of going to the page.

Sometimes I can click the link and it will follow fine, sometimes it just decides that every link I click will download.

This happens to me on no other website or wiki.
That's got to be one of the stranger things I've ever heard. Sadly as this has never happened to me, there's not really much I can do about it.
What sort of file does it try to download? The link itself?

That's got to be one of the stranger things I've ever heard. Sadly as this has never happened to me, there's not really much I can do about it.
What sort of file does it try to download? The link itself?

It is strange, I have no explanation for it.

Here is the content of one:

Code:
 / 
X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
Content-Language: en
Vary: Accept-Encoding,Cookie
Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Cache-Control: private, must-revalidate, max-age=0
Content-Encoding: gzip
Last-Modified: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 18:37:30 GMT
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
X-Cache: MISS from localhost
X-Cache-Lookup: MISS from localhost:3132
Via: 1.0 localhost (squid/3.1.6)
Proxy-Connection: close

It's followed by a bunch of binary data.

I've hidden the toolbox for viewers that aren't logged in, as my stats show that almost no one uses it (and it isn't of much use to anyone except editors anyway).

It is strange, I have no explanation for it.

Here is the content of one:

Code:
 / 
X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
Content-Language: en
Vary: Accept-Encoding,Cookie
Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Cache-Control: private, must-revalidate, max-age=0
Content-Encoding: gzip
Last-Modified: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 18:37:30 GMT
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
X-Cache: MISS from localhost
X-Cache-Lookup: MISS from localhost:3132
Via: 1.0 localhost (squid/3.1.6)
Proxy-Connection: close

It's followed by a bunch of binary data.
Looks like a cookie or some such to me. Check your cookie settings perhaps?

Last edited:
Right, so one possibility right now would be to put the content licensing of the wiki as CC BY-NC-SA 3.0.
By the terms of this license we could then import everything from the Vicky 2 wiki on Paradoxian.
Personally I'd prefer explicit permission from the Paradoxian admins, but my efforts to contact them have been fruitless.

Does this sound like a decent idea? It'd give us a much broader knowledge base to improve upon.