+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 26 ... LastLast

Thread: First-Ever Screenshot Released for Crusader Kings Z

Colonel Paradox Dev Team Regina's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    MagickaMajesty 2Majesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

First-Ever Screenshot Released for Crusader Kings Z

Crusader Kings Z ~ A Zombie Invasion Minimod for CK2 has been created by the excellent modders Korbah & SaintDaveUK:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...usader-Kings-Z

Happy Halloween!

STOCKHOLM – April 1st, 2013 –
    Paradox Development Studio and Paradox Interactive will soon bring Crusader Kings Z to the masses, the fifth expansion to one of 2012’s most acclaimed strategy/RPG games and inspired by zombies.

Crusader Kings Z adds a zombie invasion to the medieval Europe, as a way to make the Black Death come alive in a physical form. This is a world where gruesome death dominates Europe, when zombie armies pillaged towns and monasteries in their search for brains, slowly walking to wherever the promise of human flesh awaits them.

Expanded gameplay mechanics will allow you as a player to become a zombie ruler, rallying your undead hordes throughout Europe or a Zombie Survivor fighting for your dynasty’s survival.

View the first screenshot, character portrait and concept art ever released for Crusader Kings Z here:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CrusaderKingsZ.jpg
Views:	12264
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	77105Click image for larger version

Name:	CrusaderKingsZ_conceptart.png
Views:	7474
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	77106Click image for larger version

Name:	CrusaderKingsZ_ZombiePortrait.png
Views:	7204
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	77107

Crusader Kings Z, the fifth expansion for the critically praised strategy/RPG, finally enables you to play as a Zombie ruler or a Zombie Survivor, with particular focus on the dreaded undead hordes and their tradition of pillage and devouring of flesh.

Crusader Kings II explores one of the defining periods in world history in an experience crafted by Paradox Development Studio, the masters of Strategy. Medieval Europe comes to life and undeath in this game of knights, schemes and zombies.

Crusader Kings Z will be available at All Hallows' Eve 2013,
    so prepare yourself for a terrifying new experience.

Main Features:

Two separate possibilities for gameplay: Zombie Ruler or Zombie Survivor

Zombie Ruler
    • Play as a Zombie ruler and ravage your weak neighbors. If you remain at peace for too long, your undead will grow restless...
    • New gameplay feature: Devour your rivals and earn their traits through eating their brains
    • New gameplay mechanics: Use plagues to spread your influence and expand your undead armies
    • Your zombie ruler is strong, but plots may decapitate you or burn you at the stake, so be on your guard. Your heirs can only be chosen from the people you have infected personally, and not from anyone infected by your horde.

Zombie Hunter
    • Experience a new and different type of game by playing as one of the great Zombie survivors
    • As the head of a Zombie Survivor family, you must guide your dynasty through a world infected by zombies
    • New seasonal effects will encourage you to expand to the northern parts of Europe where the winter will give you a breathing space for when zombies freeze
    • Build fortifications with dozens of unique new buildings and expand your empire by controlling the sea lanes and coasts of Europe since zombies have a hard time crossing waters…
    • Christians and Muslims can dispatch Holy Wars against the infected hordes.
    • Experience feuds with other survivors and plot to seize their supplies and beans; many special events for characters in Crusader Kings Z

Crusader Kings Z also includes:
    • New dark Zombie interface skin.
    • Unique torn clothes and crude ship models created from whatever survivors can find in Crusader Kings Z

Read more:
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Crusaderkings
    Web page: http://www.crusaderkings.com
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/Crusaderkings

Paradox Development Studio (Developers)
    www.paradoxdevelopmentstudio.com

Paradox Interactive (Publisher)
    www.paradoxplaza.com
    Last edited by Korbah; 01-11-2013 at 21:18.
    Paradox Development Studio - Strategy is Our Game
    Do you want to show your support for us at PDS - the developers behind EU, CK, Hoi, Vicky & Runemaster?
    Feel free to "Like" us at Facebook: www.facebook.com/ParadoxDevelopmentStudio

April Fools?

i wish it wasnt april fools

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

This is either:

1. A cruel, despicable april's fools joke of horrid proportions.
    2. A beautifully legitimate DLC that has been announced on a very convenient/inconvenient date that will tear the fanbase into itty bitty pieces.

Please be two.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

The walking knight? Now we have to worry

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Regina View Post
    • New gameplay feature: Devour your rivals and earn their traits through eating their brains
    Awesome idea

So do I!
    Learning the Hard Way: An Iroquois AAR
    EUIII HTTT 4.1b (Steam)

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard

I'd buy this!

Imperial Guard Conscript Delta107's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Semper FiVictoria 2Hearts of Iron: The Card Game500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    The first moment I was like "Are they nuts? Aztecs and now this?" Then I remembered today is 1st April. Nice joke!
    Bridling the Horses of Saint Mark.
    "Full scan. The Emperor protects. But it does no harm to double check."
    Captain Severus of the Ultramarines

Do you want to be blessed by the True Pantheon? Do you want to be favoured by the Four like a true son? Sign up now and undertake the Pilgrimage!!!

Ill take the seasonal changes please, you can keep the zombies for later
    My HisorAARcl Texts
    The Komnenian Restoration: A Legacy of Rome AAR
    One dynasty's quest to restore the Empire...

The Crusader Empire: A History of the Latins in Greece
    Deus Vult!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteMagickaMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

April fools, no doubt.

Still more realistic than Sunset Invasion!

50 games registered

Make this.
    AARs:
    Barrett's Privateers - A Nova Scotia Victoria AAR - Dead. Planned for resurrection

Mods:

Second Modernity
    Explore the years 2036 to 2136 with this mod of Victoria II
    In production
    ------
    [QUOTE_32N]

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Ring-side seat at the boxing match of appearance vs reality
    Looks really OP and according to wikipedia, ahistorical. I'm really upset that Paradox just applied Muslim decadence mechanics to zombie dynasties, just ridiculous...you should rather focus more of your time on the Papacy DLC to which we are entitled. Really upset at this move...this is why I play CKII Plus.

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuStarvoidVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Oh man, that would be a pretty fun expansion! Can't have too many fantasy alt-scenarios to change up the base game, especially after playing for hundreds of hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Regina View Post
    • New seasonal effects will encourage you to expand to the northern parts of Europe where the winter will give you a breathing space for when zombies freeze
    • Build fortifications with dozens of unique new buildings and expand your empire by controlling the sea lanes and coasts of Europe since zombies have a hard time crossing waters…
    • Experience feuds with other survivors and plot to seize their supplies and beans; many special events for characters in Crusader Kings Z
    • Unique torn clothes and crude ship models created from whatever survivors can find in Crusader Kings Z
    Even if this is a pretty hilarious April Fools, I do hope that at least the quoted features will become real in the base game.

I also hope this isn't an April Fools because after all we already got Sunset Invasion so Crusader Kings - Zombie Mode wouldn't be a far fetched idea at all. :P

I would pre-order this right now for 20 bucks if it weren´t an april joke...

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Lol, I hope this is real

Yuri Spectaculov I Killed Kenny's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2War of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More EditionWarlock 2: The Exiled

I would play 10€ for this dlc

Byzantophile 1st Class Pellucid's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaMajesty 2Victoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

I'd buy it if it were real!
    A huge thank you to CatKnight who graciously gave me my shiny 200K Club icon!

Crusader Kings IIDeus Vult

Anyone remember Magicka: Vietnam? It should have been just a april joke, but weehee, it was really released

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 26 ... LastLast