Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: A re-design

Where do I download them?

edit: if someone sends me the images I can stick em up on some reliable webspace

what should i rename the loading screen to so it displays in the game? And could you send the last file, your website link doesn't work. Even after copying and pasting.

nevermind, figured out where it goes, it looks great!

Inspired by your backgrounds, i've put some new buttons in instead of the old gold tipped ones. They're fairly simple, just a curved square with a blue/white border - to match the new backgrounds.

They're available here.

I'm working on putting in a new font, hopefully to go with a more modern style font.
    Last edited by The Marquis; 29-01-2003 at 22:44.

Send me the buttons if they're finished, i'd like the incorporate them asap for 6.2

got some new shields and flags done for 6.2 also!

We'll have:
    Germany, Spain, Hungary, India, United States, Estonia, and Canada, and hopefully North Korea, South Korea, Czechoslovakia, and Slovakia.

Put the link in the post.

Afaik JosepT made shields + flags for every nation ? I'm currently in the process of receiving bit by bit of it to put up on my webspace.

If you think they're ok I'll do the rest of the menu's within in the game. Just wanted to make sure they're ok, before I spend a while making each bit blue.

I've redone the data pictures, unfortunately all the nations appear to be set to the latin_data.bmp, so i've only a screenshot of that one. Although the rest of them are from major cities in each zone.. ie. Bogota for South America. Also redone the radio buttons, if you approve I'll go and do the entire interface and fonts.

How long do you guess till you get all the remaining graphics?

If I get the go ahead, I'll have them probably done by Monday/Tuesday next week.

Why're you doing this though?
    None of the other mods go over the top like this do they?

Makes it more of a mod I would of thought. A complete conversion, mods in other games generally replace game art, especially since the current game art doesn't match the scenario at all.

It's kind of like saying, why change the shields ?

General
    HoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacy
    East India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy KnightHoi 2 Beta
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

On a archipelago of rainy islands off the north west coast of Europe
    Originally posted by Josquius
    Why're you doing this though?
    None of the other mods go over the top like this do they?
    were making our MOD special, also their was talk about re-doing the whole EU2 graphics in the flag thread once, but that died off. I just thought it would make our mod unique and help boost its reputation

oh Marquis love your work, looks like ya stole ma job (i dun mind it free's me up ) one thing, i looked at ur buttons, and the shadow looks weird, and your shadow file isnt like the old shaddow file. (obviously it would be different shape, but it should be similar after shape). apart from that their great! Keep up the good work
    “Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle.”
    - Steve Jobs, Commencement speech at Stanford University (2005).

Proud maker of Blade!s' Avatar! :: First creator of custom backgrounds for Paradox games!
    Europa Universalis III alpha & beta :: Hearts of Iron 2 beta

Heh kev, I haven't stole your job ! You can do it with me :P I'll take a look at the shadow. Could do with some new unit pictures perhaps, I remember seeing one with a marine style guy, that looked good, and a bunker when you assault during a siege, rather than a castle type thing. If you wanna carry on with the graphics conversion Kev, pm me and we'll sort out who does which bits. I've done a fair amount of the in game menu's, but still alot more to do.

6.2 is going to be great.... People are going to really like the new backgrounds.

Should we do a new interface?

General
    HoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacy
    East India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy KnightHoi 2 Beta
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

On a archipelago of rainy islands off the north west coast of Europe
    Originally posted by The Marquis
    Heh kev, I haven't stole your job ! You can do it with me :P I'll take a look at the shadow. Could do with some new unit pictures perhaps, I remember seeing one with a marine style guy, that looked good, and a bunker when you assault during a siege, rather than a castle type thing. If you wanna carry on with the graphics conversion Kev, pm me and we'll sort out who does which bits. I've done a fair amount of the in game menu's, but still alot more to do.
    as long as you leave me the winning and losing screens to do, then the rest are yours . Just need 2 things to do them. a 800x600 picture of Nagisaki after the atom bomb and a picture of Times Square at 12am new years at same resolution to do it, if anyone has them, ill b helpful ta
    “Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle.”
    - Steve Jobs, Commencement speech at Stanford University (2005).

Proud maker of Blade!s' Avatar! :: First creator of custom backgrounds for Paradox games!
    Europa Universalis III alpha & beta :: Hearts of Iron 2 beta

does anyone have the government graphics MKJ made for us? Or do we have to ask for a new set?

here

Its not Hiroshima, but this one is in color

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

Originally posted by Kyran
    does anyone have the government graphics MKJ made for us? Or do we have to ask for a new set?
    I've got it, doesn't it ships with MDS beta 6.1?
    Paris Je T'Aime

Originally posted by Kyran
    Should we do a new interface?
    Yeah, that's what I'm trying to do at the moment, it might take a bit longer tho since parts of it are quite tedius. I was thinking of making a very basic one to start, that way to improve on it would be alot easier.

Anyway I'll put up some screenshots of what i've got tomorrow or tuesday.

Marquis: Ok, good that'll really blow the MDS fans away when we get this all ready to go.

Josip:Nope, its not in 6.1 since if it was I wouldn't be asking anyone for it. Could you send it to me?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast