Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: A re-design

General
    HoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacy
    East India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy KnightHoi 2 Beta
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

On a archipelago of rainy islands off the north west coast of Europe

Red face A re-design

Well the last few days ive been busy in my little lab, and i re-designed the few screens of MDS, to a more modern feel, see below, what do people think?

I chose this view because it is a modern day city and the twin towers in, its for rememberance also, but if people are offended i have a replacement picture.

Edit: Pictures removed

Game Loading/Starting Game Screen

Game Menu

Selection Menu

Multiplayer screen (not really useful but it looks nice)

Tutorial (same here)
    Last edited by Kevyinus; 09-04-2006 at 02:04. Reason: Links no longer work
    “Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle.”
    - Steve Jobs, Commencement speech at Stanford University (2005).

Proud maker of Blade!s' Avatar! :: First creator of custom backgrounds for Paradox games!
    Europa Universalis III alpha & beta :: Hearts of Iron 2 beta

Buggered images.

General
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler 2020
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Originally posted by Josquius
    Buggered images.
    Pardon?

Edit: added quote to make it more eye catching to Josquius
    Last edited by Kevyinus; 26-01-2003 at 11:01.
    “Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle.”

Proud maker of Blade!s' Avatar! :: First creator of custom backgrounds for Paradox games!

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEE! Gathenhielm's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2

Very nice work. I really like it. But a few suggestion that you may consider:

-Maybe use another picture for the loading. I dunno. I like different images.

-In the multiplayer image the lower text is hidden. It doesnt look that well.

Relly great work. If you want you may do that pictures that pope up when you choose country so it be something like in HoI.

General

Originally posted by Gathenhielm
    Maybe use another picture for the loading. I dunno. I like different images.
    A different picture altogether? or one on that picture. Most of the backgrounds in EU2 are the same so i just used the same for the backgrounds. The loading wud usually have something else on, but i didnt know what to put

-In the multiplayer image the lower text is hidden. It doesnt look that well.
    Yea i noticed, it uses the same image as the menu image, so id have to remove the text from both if you want.

Relly great work. If you want you may do that pictures that pope up when you choose country so it be something like in HoI.
    I could try to do that, does anyone have the ones from HoI who could sent them to me to have a look at (HoI isnt out here yet, addy:kevyinus@hotmail.com) thanks.

P.S. ya gotta love my Coca Cola font

Edit: email address closed
    Last edited by Kevyinus; 18-08-2004 at 16:23.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

Wow. Simply amazing.... this will inhance the game and give it some refreshment from the black and red EU2 backgrounds.

Did anyone make any new shields/flags btw?
    Current Games -
    NONE(Probably won't ever again, either)

Yes, I do love the blue...

Good work!

Kevyinus, can you send the backgrounds over when you're finished experimenting with them? I'd like to incorporate them into v6.2
    Current Games -

General

bloody hell its taken me a whole day to get to the forums...is it just me or is the forums slow or too many ppl on the server? anyway yea ill send them to ya +also i changed the loading screen to a helecopter landing on an aircraft carrier with ships behind it, it looks kool, so ill send that along and u can make ur mind up which one goes in. id show it here but im not sure if ill get back quick enough ...ive never seen broadband so messy..ill send that MDS_17 one aswell, ill send it later around 5pm GMT hopefully.

General

Oh and another thing, who has HoI, because i need a favour:

I need Unit sprite emailed to me for testing...and the town thing, see the select screen for the EU2 version above.

Oh and has JoispT sent anyone all the flags? or are they all the ones he had which came wiv V6.1?

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Originally posted by Kevyinus

Yea i noticed, it uses the same image as the menu image, so id have to remove the text from both if you want.

Oh If they share the same file I dont care. It looks perfect as background for the menu.

Originally posted by Kevyinus
    Oh and another thing, who has HoI, because i need a favour:

I need Unit sprite emailed to me for testing...and the town thing, see the select screen for the EU2 version above.

The spirits is 36mb or something big.
    The town thing if I understand you correct is 5 mb big.

Yeah, the servers are really bogged down it seems. Thanks for the files Kevyinus, this will surely give the game more spice!

I think the 6.1 flags are the ones Josip has.

So Kevyinus, are you going to try to use the HoI sprites for MDS?
    Current Games -

erm the images don't show up for me.

General

Originally posted by Josquius
    erm the images don't show up for me.
    ahhh i thought u were dissin them

their saved in .png format (before changed to .txt for geocities) ur comp mite not support it.

Kyran i send them, cudnt do them yesturday. I didnt put the old loading screen in, if you think the new one is weird ill hapily replace it. Gathenhielm i decided not to replace it then .

And the sprites, is it 36 mb for them all, or just one set?

How large were the images all togeather Kevyinus? I think hotmail blocked the message. Any other way to get the files through that you can think of?
    Current Games -

General

the file was too big, ill just spilt it into smaller chunks

I sent it with my kevynsylvania@aol.com addy
    Last edited by Kevyinus; 28-01-2003 at 08:24.

General

ok cos u had nooo space, ive put them on a web site, i emailed you the link, hopefully you got it

So how do you view them?
    (note: I understood little of what you said about .txt and geocities and all)

Works on my home computer.
    V.Nice

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast