+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Paradox Development Studio Strategically Sets Date for Mega Livestream Event

Paradox Development Studio Strategically Sets Date for Mega Livestream Event

March 27 Broadcast Includes First Looks at Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods and Victoria II: Heart of Darkness, PDS Titles 75% Off During Event

It has already been a great year for Paradox Development Studio, and we’re just getting started!
    Paradox Development Studio today announced that it will be holding a monumental live stream event on March 27, 2013, giving strategy fans never-before-seen looks at two upcoming titles—Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods and Victoria II: Heart of Darkness.

The online extravaganza, which will also play host to a special appearance by Europa Universalis IV, will be hosted by Studio Manager Johan Andersson and the rest of the developers in an all afternoon affair that will showcase this year’s portfolio of strategy titles.
    What better way to celebrate the birth of spring than gorging in pagan rituals and political strife? Sounds like just a normal day in the office for us.

Join Paradox Development Studio at 12:00 noon GMT (8:00 a.m. EDT) on Wednesday, March 27 by heading over to the official Paradox Interactive channel on TwitchTV at www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

To go along with the festivities, Paradox will be offering a 75% discount on a large selection of strategy titles during the live stream, including Victoria II and Crusader Kings II, all of which can be purchased from the Paradox Web Shop at www.paradoxplaza.com/shop.

Wednesday, March 27!
    Mark it on your calendars and settle in for a history making display of history games.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ParadoxDevelopmentStudio
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/PDX_Dev_Studio
    Web page: http://www.paradoxdevelopmentstudio.com
    Last edited by Regina; 23-03-2013 at 11:19. Reason: 12pm -> 12noon

During the stream PDS will answer your questions about games, life, love and the universe in general! Submit your questions here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...6#post15212566

Crusader Kings IIMarch of the EaglesSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Does the 75% discount apply to in-game coin purschases in WotR?

Is HOI3 going to be one of those sale games?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

I had to google "12:00 PM" to figure out if the stream would take place at noon or midnight lol.

Its at noon FYI

Imodium Paradox Support Rep
    60 games registered

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaAncient SpaceCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Good catch, I've amended the OP accordingly. Thanks.
    Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death .... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man. Bertrand Russell

How long is the event going to last / will the sales be purely during or the day of, because 12:00 GMT is 5:00 A.M. here, and I hope not to be up until something like 6:30 A.M.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Will the livestream be available after the event as usual?
    Reasons Why You Should Play Any Character in CK2
    Current playthrough(s): n/a, undecided
    generalolaf: 5/3/1, age: 17. No Legal Heir. Religion in province: Protestant. 100 Legitimacy, 30 Prestige, 0 Power Projection.
    Government: Constitutional Monarchy. Diplomatic Ideas (3), Religious Ideas (2), Administrative Ideas (0). 1 free advisor slot (Skill 1 Master of Mint, Skill 3 Theologian). Diplomatic Relations: 5/7 (Alliance; Guaranteed)

""Somehow the Neapolitans landed in Ireland -" That's very poor strategy on their side. Everybody know that pizza goes better with lager beer." - Victor Cortez

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

My chance to grab vicky 2 before the new expansion is released...
    Celtic Enhancements - Quite self explanatory, more provinces and a slightly more historic title-nature for Ireland and Wales thus far. [CK2]

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Quote Originally Posted by generalolaf View Post
    Will the livestream be available after the event as usual?
    This? I am working during the event so I cant watch it live.

It should be. The funny thing is, there is a seven-hour difference between Stockholm and where I live, so I would need to stay up at 3:00 AM t poo watch it live. Decisions, decisions...
    How many boards would the Mongols hoard if the Mongol hordes got bored?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Is the 75% discount also on steam or only in the Paradox online shop?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

will you announce hoi4?
    You must gather your party before venturing forth!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by MrQwerty View Post
    It should be. The funny thing is, there is a seven-hour difference between Stockholm and where I live, so I would need to stay up at 3:00 AM t poo watch it live. Decisions, decisions...
    Add to that a little bit of delay and the actual stream time and you might be better of going to bed and getting up early to watch it. Tough that's easier said than done I suppose.
    Cancels writing: Interrupted by hoary marmot.

Quote Originally Posted by smiklo View Post
    I was wondering this too

Studio Manager Paradox Dev Team Johan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smiklo View Post
    Thats not a paradox game.

Johan Andersson
    Studio Manager at Paradox Development Studio AB - Follow me at Twitter!

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

For our Patching and Expansion Policy, read here...

Read here why EU4 requires steam!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Can you please upload it to youtube as i will be at work and unable to watch.
    Adding breadth and depth to the medieval aspects of economy, technology & the military - Magnate Lords A mod for CK2

Pan Celticist Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by apg View Post
    Can you please upload it to youtube as i will be at work and unable to watch.
    +1

Reichsmarschall Paradox Dev Team Darkrenown's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by KadetLuka View Post
    Is the 75% discount also on steam or only in the Paradox online shop?
    Just on the webshop, but the webshop sells Steam codes, so...
    Relentless madman.

Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post
    Thats not a paradox game.
    But A House Divided is. =)
    Any chance it goes on sale?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast