• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hardcore_gamer

General
47 Badges
Aug 1, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • March of the Eagles
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Prison Architect
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
What I mean by that is that I have noticed that some of the political parties in the game are just generic political parties who's ideas are more reflective of the ideology they are suppose to represent instead of the ideology of the actual political party itself.

A great example of this would be Korea's communist party.

If Korea goes communist then it gets the same flag as real world North-Korea and is probably called the same as well unless I am mistaken, so I can only assume that a Communist Korea in this game is suppose to be the same as the real world North-Korea but with all of Korea under communist control instead of just the north.

One thing that makes North-Korea different from the typical Communist dictatorship is its fanatical Ultra-nationalism and state racism that wasn't/isn't common in most other communist regimes. However, even in spite of this the Korea communist party in this game has full citizenship as it's citizenship policy which doesn't make any sense since real world North-Korea has been heavily racist and nationalistic from the very start. It would make much more sense for this party to have residency as it's policy even though its a communist party.

This is only one example of course.

While I understand that it its too much work to make every single political party in the game have policies that exactly mirror those of the real world ones, I think more effort should be taken to make at least the policies of the parties in all of the major nation's reflect the believes of their real world parties better.

Just because an ideology says "we believe X", that doesn't mean that weird variants don't exist/did not exist.

Thoughts?