• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I read that but I don't know what a steam key is (most google searches I tried produced endless posts about getting dodgy one's etc) - I have an entry on the DLC tab of steam properties option for the game and that has a line about forum code DLC, but there is no apparent way to get at the value.

[Edit] Looking at this again, I also bought Cities in Motion and this also has a DLC entry for forum registration key. The difference is that r-click on game in steam library for CiM gives option to view CD Key. For KA2 it does not.

Last edited:
When you purchased the game, did you not receive a key from the retailer that you activated in Steam? It should be in the format of 5x3 (XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX). This code should be possible to register under My Games.

Sorry, i should have made this plain - I bought the game from Steam. Steam pops a message up when you first run a game that has the product code in it. I usually tell this popup to go away and not come back because I know that I can access it if I need to under an option usually labelled "view CD key". I probably did this for KA2. The problem is that there is no such option available for KA2. I know it's there 'cos there is an item in the DLC tab of the options pane called "King Arthur 2 - Forum Key", but I do not know how to access it.