• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I don't think I generate the kind of turnover to make it appealing.

I just checked about the blue coins and it is about 5-7% of purchase price. So if you buy Victoria 2+AHD for $13 you get 673 blue coins which is about $0.67. I mainly spend it on DLCs that I would not otherwise pay for such as a new portraits pack for Crusader Kings 2.

I just checked about the blue coins and it is about 5-7% of purchase price. So if you buy Victoria 2+AHD for $13 you get 673 blue coins which is about $0.67. I mainly spend it on DLCs that I would not otherwise pay for such as a new portraits pack for Crusader Kings 2.

That doesn't sound bad. Still I think the 75% off deal of gamestop is the best deal around at the very moment. Still something to consider.
Curse you for breaking through my steam-inertia :D

Edit: Did get the core game and the expansion. Haven't preordered HOD yet - I don't particularly see the benefit.
I did it this way:

The paradox webshop is still in beta so they lack a lot of titles... Victoria 2 was only recently added I'm pretty sure, but yeah, how they somehow forgot to add AHD is a rather serious blunder given the preorder... I did already have the game on CD (bought directly from paradox) and AHD as a non-steam expansion (bought from amazon)... so in honor of HoD I bought me the steam key for Victoria 2 with the discount from the paradox webshop, the steam key for AHD from amazon (which also had a discount :)) and the preorder steam key for HoD also from the webshop.

Worked perfectly. Now to see about the sprites and such :D

Last edited:
I haven't played vicky 2 for more than a year because I got bored of the bugged gameplay and the unplayable second half of the game. I thought I would give it a time to get fixed and then come back. is it the time to buy a house divided and resume playing?

I don't see any compelling reason to play Vanilla

I have not played House Divided (even though I bought it yesterday). Waiting for HOD to complete the package, then wait another week for pop demand mod to be compatible then hopefully start playing Vicky2 again. That's my plan.

Btw: All Vic 2 contents are currently on sale at Gamestop...

Link

I don't know how long it will take until HoD will also be available, though...

Just bought 'A House Divided' at Gamestop (old Impulse), which is not Steam driven. I too await the 'Heart of Darkness' expansion to be available there as well.

I absolutely hate how for PC Vicky2+AHD is now $7.50, while the same game for Mac is $50.00 ... why so unfair? it's already hard for us mac users to find good games, why do you punish us? I can't believe this stupid system. I just want the game, but I just can't do it knowing that I could be getting it for less than a fraction of the price if my OS was different. Curse the fates

I absolutely hate how for PC Vicky2+AHD is now $7.50, while the same game for Mac is $50.00 ... why so unfair? it's already hard for us mac users to find good games, why do you punish us? I can't believe this stupid system. I just want the game, but I just can't do it knowing that I could be getting it for less than a fraction of the price if my OS was different. Curse the fates

funny-success-kid-meme-Apple.jpg

IIRC it's because the distribution rights to the Mac port are with the company that was hired to port it. So if they still want to sell it for $50 they can and ain't nothing Paradox can do about it.

Then just don't get a Mac? If you buy a Mac you should know that not a lot of games will be offered at decent prices^^

And they're doing it all just to spite you personally.

It's true. I was at the table when the League of Evil decided, specifically, that all Mac Users would forever be confined to inferior and delayed ports of PC games at monstrous prices. It has absolutely nothing to do with lower sales meaning a higher price is necessary to finance the port. Blame the League of Evil.