• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

jecjackal

Major
121 Badges
May 9, 2011
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • March of the Eagles
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • War of the Vikings
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • King Arthur II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
When I go to justify a war, i always seem to get caught. What can i do to reduce the chances of me being discovered? For reference, I normally play as Prussia as Pro Jingoism and normally get caught at 20% or meaning I take a lot of infamy hits.

Is the 1.5% chance the same for all countries? Im asking becouse it don't feel that way, In some games I have been caught really fast everytime I justify for war.

Ok so there is a chance at getting caught each day. Thanks for clearing that up. Now it makes since what advantage a jingoism government has over say anti-millitary.

I think the purpose of that system is not for you to get free wargoals, but to make the amount of infamy you get from them more random; you're supposed to get caught.

I prefer to think that I will get caught with the highest infamy, so then when I get caught at 1/3 of that I think the gods have smiled on me.

My first game I went over the infamy little within 2 years, whoops! :)

Those 22 infamy events, I always get caught above 21.5 but those 3 infamy events, I never get caught.

With luck and lots of saves, I managed to annex all of Sokoto's border allies with around 20 infamy.... (got caught the first time, but always got lucky and got the 25% increase in bonus)

It's random, I've had plays were I was constantly caught, I had others were I was justifying CBs left and right and my infamy was super low. Your government type will have a great effect on this, as certain reforms can increase justification time to 300+ days, while fascist dictator ship is around 70-80 days I believe. Which means that even when you get caught 20 days in as fascist dictator, you are already 25% done and take 25% less infamy.

Also for those that like to cheat, you can justify for 0 infamy by saving around every 10% completion of a CB and then reloading when you get caught. That way you can make it all the way to 100% without taking infamy. Not gonna argue about using this here or not, but it's a possibility, in single player games at least.