Can the CK2 DLC model be used in Europa 4?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Each time they release a new 10$ dlc on steam, i find myself less willing to pick it up. I get it, developing a game is pricy, but whenever i pick up a DLC, i didn't feel like it was worth it. I could've buy tons of indie/premium indie games for 5$ in a bundle, or buy two magic or even Showdown Effect for gods' sake. I don't feel like Old Gods dlc will change this either, becouse their last dlc, Republic dlc, didn't just worth it. It was 10$ for not much. Aztec Invasion thingy was kinda a mess too. You couldn't even played as Aztecs, it was just a series of events that would happen if you own the dlc and some Aztec models. I liked the concept, i didn't like the money/content balance. Like i didn't like it for most of the "big" dlc's.

Don't get me wrong, i love Paradox. I own most of their games and i am looking forward to pick up their some older games, but the "new dlc policy" just killing my willingness to buy new dlc. I'm not gonna but Old Gods unless I hear its lot of content or unless its below 5$. I'll still buy EU4, but I don't think I'll buy any dlc's until they are really really cheap or in sale.

I'm so frustrated with this.

Nevermind.

I get it, developing a game is pricy, but whenever i pick up a DLC, i didn't feel like it was worth it.
Do you like the huge number of patches CK2 has gotten in the year or so it has been out (not even including all the betas)? That doesn't happen without the DLC model.

I do not like the CK2 DLC system. The result is that you always have a new game, but you never have a patched game. Things get fixed, but at the same time experimental things are added. So really it is up to chance whether or not the game will be balanced at any given time.
I don't see any difference between this and previous Paradox games except that patches come out more frequently so problems will get fixed quicker.

Each time they release a new 10$ dlc on steam, i find myself less willing to pick it up. I get it, developing a game is pricy, but whenever i pick up a DLC, i didn't feel like it was worth it. I could've buy tons of indie/premium indie games for 5$ in a bundle, or buy two magic or even Showdown Effect for gods' sake. I don't feel like Old Gods dlc will change this either, becouse their last dlc, Republic dlc, didn't just worth it. It was 10$ for not much. Aztec Invasion thingy was kinda a mess too. You couldn't even played as Aztecs, it was just a series of events that would happen if you own the dlc and some Aztec models. I liked the concept, i didn't like the money/content balance. Like i didn't like it for most of the "big" dlc's.

Don't get me wrong, i love Paradox. I own most of their games and i am looking forward to pick up their some older games, but the "new dlc policy" just killing my willingness to buy new dlc. I'm not gonna but Old Gods unless I hear its lot of content or unless its below 5$. I'll still buy EU4, but I don't think I'll buy any dlc's until they are really really cheap or in sale.

Nevermind.

There's no problem with not thinking they're worth it. That's the great thing about the DLC's; they're modular, so if you don't like one then it doesn't matter and you can still use the others. That's the problem with big expansions. They aren't modular, so you almost always have to have previous expansions to use the latest one, and if you only want certain features you have to buy the whole bundle. I didn't buy the ruler designer or Aztec invasion for CK2 nor any of the sprite/music packs, but obviously a lot of other people did, so it's a win-win for both since I don't have to finance their likes and they can still have their nice stuff.

Nevermind.
Wait for the steam/gg sales? Generally, you can pick up the DLCs of 25% of the normal price within half a year.

There's no problem with not thinking they're worth it. That's the great thing about the DLC's; they're modular, so if you don't like one then it doesn't matter and you can still use the others. That's the problem with big expansions. They aren't modular, so you almost always have to have previous expansions to use the latest one, and if you only want certain features you have to buy the whole bundle. I didn't buy the ruler designer or Aztec invasion for CK2 nor any of the sprite/music packs, but obviously a lot of other people did, so it's a win-win for both since I don't have to finance their likes and they can still have their nice stuff.
Huh. Makes sense.

I still don't like the pricing but you are right about model they use I think. Not dividing a community is makes sense.

Pricing is a subjective issue too. It might feel like they worth for someone else, thats completely okay. And yeah, i bought most of small and older dlcs for both older and new Paradox games when they were in sale.

And somewhere along the way I want to see a Native Americans DLC being shaped!

Give those kind Indian souls a chance of survival, that´s all I ask. While bravely resisting the evil men from Europe, allow them to hide deep in the forests and valiantly fight the cursed Caucasians off the shores of the New World.

Please, Johan? :rolleyes: