• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(695538)

Recruit
1 Badges
Mar 10, 2013
  • Impire
I am assuming this is just something I am doing wrong rather than any kind of bug or issue.

I sent a squad to fetch the Tonic of Tremendousness, as the objective detailed. I had to send a squad... I tried to send Baal several times but he just stood on the teleport pad and didn't teleport into the two chambers where the potion lies, so after several tries I surmised that I had to send another unit. This unit is now stuck in that final room, and no longer shows up on my context menu to teleport them... the squad number is greyed out.

The game told me I succeeded in the objective once that squad got to the potion anyway, so I just accepted them as a justified loss and went on playing.

My only objective now is to kill Red Bull in single combat. So off I went... I know I have to use Baal now that I have achieved the potion objective (minor whine though: would have been nice if the game gave me the warning message about the Orbs BEFORE entering the arena, rather than instantly killing /every/ /single/ /one/ of my units because I accidentally clicked for them to walk to the doorway).

So I teleported Baal in there... he takes 1 or 2 hits from Red Bull and dies. I've tried using his lightening, tried straight up combat, tried assisting him with his potions, tried taking out the littler minotaurs he summons, tried ignoring the littler Minotaurs... he dies in a couple of hits and Red Bulls health bar only budges about 10%, even with lightening.

Can someone give me some hints, or let me know where I went wrong?

When you have succeeded the potion quest. Baal should be boosted (send a squad to the teleport pad, kill the mage, a teleport pad should appear to bring back your squad). You can teleport baal in the room to avoid being too much hit, and keep him at distance. Also if you kill smaller minotaurs, this heal baal.

I just went and checked again, but he doesn't come out of the room - he chases Baal almost to the doorway, but then he just teleports back to his throne.
Assume you must have had a bug or something, he did when I fought him I baited him out to, but can't remember if you have to kill his servants doing it, to agitate him enough.